YouTube is a storehouse of millions of videos. The only thing you need is a reliable and powerful wireless Internet connection to enjoy videos of your choice. Given that YouTube videos are free, it stands out as one of the most used apps among Android and iOS device users.
There might be multiple reasons behind YouTube’s crashing issue, which include OS issues, cache issues, outdated browser issues, and less device storage.
In this article, we will discuss and answer your queries on why does YouTube keep crashing.
Why Does YouTube Keep Crashing on Chrome?
Some of the drivers for your video card may be out-of-date or faulty. It’s even possible that some video card drivers won’t work with some of YouTube’s newest features.
But keep in mind that you can also use different browsers, which might offer more dependable YouTube playback.
Method 1: Clear Chrome’s History and Cache
- On your browser, select the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Click on About Google Chrome from the list of other options after choosing the Help option.
- If there are any new updates, the browser will check for them and allow you to install them.
- After the installation is complete, relaunch the browser to make the modifications effective before attempting to play your YouTube videos.
Method 2: Disable the Extensions for Chrome
- On the top right corner after the star symbol, click on the extension symbol.
- From the list of extensions that are present, look for the most recent extensions that you have added.
- To disable the specific extensions, flip the switch off.
- Conflicting extensions may also be the cause of YouTube freezes. Therefore, disabling troublesome Chrome extensions might help to remedy the problem.
Method 3: Reset the browser
- Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Reset Setting on the right side.
- Click on Reset Settings to default.
Pro tip: Also try updating Google Chrome to the newest version, which might resolve your issue.
YouTube Keeps Crashing iPhone
If you have an iPhone and the YouTube app keeps crashing, you could try any of these methods to fix the issue:
Method 1: Restart the YouTube App after Forcing a Close
On your iPhone, used apps are still open and running in the background unless you close them.
- Swipe your finger up from the bottom of the screen.
- Stop when it reaches the middle, and wait.
- Until the app cards or previews appear.
- To find the YouTube app card or preview, scroll sideways in the app switcher.
Method 2: Install Any Available Updates for the YouTube App
To keep your app stable and highly optimized, always update them on a regular basis.
- From the Home screen, tap the App Store icon.
- At the bottom right of the screen, tap the Updates icon.
- You will see Update next to an app if an update is available. Look for YouTube then see if there’s an update for the YouTube app.
- To update, tap the Update button next to YouTube or tap Update All to install all app updates at once.
Why Does YouTube Keep Crashing Android?
The first thing you should always do when diagnosing YouTube crashing on an Android device is to restart your device. In some cases, rebooting can fix most problems. Also, make sure your internet connection functioning properly.
Pro tip: Clearing the app cache is a great way to refresh the app without reinstalling it on your smartphone.
Here’s how to clear YouTube’s cache on an Android device:
- Tap and hold the YouTube app icon.
- Select App Settings and locate the settings on the page.
- Locate Clear Cache and click it.
- Launch the app again and log back in.
Why Does YouTube Keep Crashing on TV?
If you are using an outdated app, it may crash. YouTube’s technical difficulties, cached data, and outdated device firmware might be the other reasons behind YouTube’s crashing on TV.
You can fix your YouTube crashing issues on your TV in the following ways:
- Try restarting your device.
- Check whether your internet connection is stable.
- Try closing and reopening the YouTube TV application.
- Check for any new software updates in the settings section.
- Try uninstalling the YouTube app on your TV and reinstalling it.
- Try clearing the cache data from your mobile phone, on the same account that you are using for your YouTube TV.
Why Does YouTube Keep Crashing on Safari?
Follow these quick steps to resolve YouTube crashing on Safari:
- Look into your internet connection.
- Enable the site permissions for YouTube.
- Clear your cookies and cache.
- Turn off extensions.
- Attempt a different browser.
- Update Safari, restart it, or reset it.
- Remove any content and ad-blocking software.
- See if YouTube is accessible.
FAQ: Why Does YouTube Keep Crashing?
Why does my YouTube keep freezing and crashing?
If the YouTube application is out-of-date, it may crash. You should confirm that the software is installed in its most recent version. App updates are released to increase the functionality of the apps because developers are continually working to make them better.
How do I fix YouTube?
A straightforward reset would be the simplest solution to the YouTube autoplay issue. On your Android device, simply long-press the power button and select restart.
Why is my internet working but YouTube not working?
Due to long-term use, a lot of cache and data may have accumulated on the application. This may be the source of your problems. Go to Settings →Apps→YouTube→Storage on Android. Check and see if the issue is fixed by tapping the Clear cache. Otherwise, come back here and select Clear Data.
What is wrong with my YouTube?
There might be several reasons behind this. First of all, check your internet connection, Update your browser/application, clear the cache on your device, disable existing extensions, and update any video drivers. If the problem still persists, take help from YouTube Support.
How do I stop YouTube from crashing?
To stop YouTube from crashing, always use the updated versions of your browser, clear the cache after a few days, and do not install ad-blockers if you get face YouTube crashing issues.
To make sure that YouTube runs perfectly on your computer and phone, update your browser, free up your memory space, check for the latest version of YouTube installed on your phone, and resolve any cache issues.
I hope this article could resolve your question about why does YouTube keep crashing. If you have any suggestions, please let us know in the comment section below.