A Restricted Mode is a tool on YouTube that helps to restrict mature content on the internet. It is an optional setting to limit the content you want to watch. You won’t be able to watch videos that are restricted. This was about what is Restricted mode on YouTube.
How to Turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube Mobile
Through Restricted Mode you can prevent yourself from seeing disturbing or sensitive content on YouTube on your mobile device. To explore all the videos on YouTube, you need to turn off Restricted Mode and you have to follow these steps:
- Log in to your YouTube.
- Tap on the profile icon located in the top-right corner of your YouTube dashboard.
- Open Settings.
- Select General (Android only).
- Click the blue button and turn off the Restricted Mode.
How to Turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube Network Administrator
Sometimes, you are not able to watch YouTube videos because you are restricted to watch them by YouTube network administrators.
To turn off Restricted Mode on the YouTube network administrator, follow this step-by-step guide.
- Visit the Chrome browser and
- Tap on the three-dot in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Now, get into Settings.
- Then, locate Privacy and security.
- After that, you have to tap on the Safety check.
- Hit on Safe Browsing.
- At last, toggle the No protection option.
Turn off Restricted Mode YouTube
Your YouTube videos are restricted to block mature content which is disturbing and annoying. Many people enable Restricted Mode to watch limited videos. But now, they have decided to turn off Restricted Mode. In such a case, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Open your YouTube app.
- Navigate to the Profile icon. Tap on it.
- Turn off the Restricted Mode from the restricted option at the bottom of the panel.
Why can’t I turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube?
If the person from your family has the access to control your account acting as the supervisor, you won’t be able to disable Restricted Mode. Or, maybe you are on a network that is controlled by another entity, for instance, a school or library, and it has turned on Restricted Mode.
YouTube Restricted Mode network administrator
You cannot watch YouTube videos if they are restricted by network administrators. They enable the Restricted Mode so that no disturbance is created during school or work.
In this case, you should contact your network administrator and discuss whether they can disable Restricted Mode.
YouTube Restricted Mode iPhone
To enable or disable YouTube Restricted Mode on iPhone you need to follow these steps:
- Open your YouTube application and Log in. Once you’ve logged in, Tap on your profile icon in the top left.
- Select Settings to access the app in the settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, tap on the slider of the Restricted Mode option to enable or disable the feature.
- If the slider is grey, that means Restricted Mode is disabled and if it turns blue that means Restricted Mode is enabled on your device.
How to turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube android?
- On Android, In the YouTube application, Click your profile icon in the top right.
- In the Account menu of the dashboard, click on the Settings option.
- In the Settings menu, hit on the General option.
- To turn your device into Restricted Mode, tap the Restricted Mode slider. If the slider turns grey, the mode is disabled. If the slider turns blue, the mode is enabled on your device.
FAQs: What is Restricted Mode on YouTube
Why is my YouTube in Restricted Mode?
If someone has access to your family link on YouTube, they might have enabled the Restricted Mode on your device.
How do I disable Restricted Mode on YouTube?
You can change the settings of Restricted Mode through the settings option in the menu. You will find it by tapping the profile icon.
Is Restricted Mode on YouTube safe?
Restricted Mode is a security feature that can only be disabled when signed in with a Google Account. YouTube automatically restricts content that may be unsafe for minors, so he must be over 18 to disable this feature. In addition to blocking the video, it also prevents users from watching or adding comments.
Can you turn off Restricted Mode?
Yes, you can turn off Restricted Mode by changing the settings on YouTube. Click on your Profile > Settings > General> Restricted mode: off.
Why can’t you watch age-restricted YouTube?
If your YouTube videos are restricted, you will not be able to watch them in public as YouTube wants to provide a better online experience for young people and prevent youth violence.
Make sure your account on YouTube is not restricted by a parent account via the Google Family Link app. Hopefully, this guide helped you know more about the Restricted Mode feature. Read the above text and learn what is restricted mode on YouTube.
How to See Deleted YouTube Videos (5 Quick Hacks)