If you are struggling to know the InMail feature of LinkedIn, then you come to the right place.
This article will help you to know “what is Inmail on LinkedIn.”
Let’s understand the InMail feature of LinkedIn.
InMail on LinkedIn is a premium feature in which you can send messages to anyone who is not on your connection list. With a free LinkedIn account, you can receive InMails but you cannot send InMail on LinkedIn.
How to send an InMail on LinkedIn
The 1st step to sending an InMail on LinkedIn, you must upgrade your free account to a premium account.
Now follow these steps to send an InMail on LinkedIn:
- On your LinkedIn account, search for the profile you want to send an InMail.
- Click on the “More” option on their profile.
- Next, select the Message tab.
- Here write the message in the text box. You can add a Subject also.
- Now click on the “Send” button.
InMail vs message LinkedIn
On a normal LinkedIn message, you cannot send a message to the member you are not connected with, but on the InMail feature, you can send messages to people with whom you are not connected.
The InMail feature protects privacy and lets people know that it is not a spam message.
What is InMail credits in LinkedIn?
With your premium account, LinkedIn will provide you InMail credits on a monthly basis.
You can get monthly InMail message credits as per account type.
- For Premium Career – 5
- Premium Business – 15
- Sales Navigator Core – 50
- Recruiter Lite – 30
LinkedIn InMail cost
To get InMail credits you have to upgrade to a premium account or sales navigator account on LinkedIn.
- For a premium account, you have to pay $29.99 per month.
- For a Sales Navigator account, you have to pay $79.99 per month or $779.88 per year.
LinkedIn InMail examples
Here are some examples of LinkedIn InMail.
For sending a connection request:
- Hi (Name)
I am interested in connecting with you. I work at (company name). We use ( product/service name) to help businesses (mention the benefit of your product/ service).
I found that we both are friends with a mutual connection. I would appreciate it if we could connect with each other.
- Hi (name),
I understand (a challenge) is a significant issue in your organization. My company can help by (explaining the solution).
Let me know when you are available for a quick call, and I will provide you with other details.
LinkedIn InMail best practices
Here are the 5 best practices for LinkedIn InMail
- Choose your prospects wisely.
- Be brief and concise.
- Explain your goal.
- Optimize your LinkedIn profile.
- Include a CTA (Call To Action).
LinkedIn InMail read receipt
Follow these steps below to turn on/off your LinkedIn InMail read receipt.
- Click on the “Me” option.
- Now navigate to Settings & Privacy.
- Here go to the communication tab and select the option “Message experience”.
- Now click on change in the “Read receipts and typing indicators”. Here you can turn on/off this option.
FAQs:- What is InMail on LinkedIn
1. How to use InMail on LinkedIn
Log in to your LinkedIn account and search for a profile with whom you are not connected. Now click on the message tab on their profile and write a message. After that, click on send.
2. How to get InMail credits on LinkedIn
You can get InMail credits depending upon your account type. LinkedIn provides 5 credits for premium career, 15 credits for Premium business, 50 credits for sales navigator core account, and 30 credits for recruiter lite.
3. How to write an Inmail to a recruiter on LinkedIn
To write an InMail to a recruiter on LinkedIn, you must be brief and specific. Your message should be short and easy to read. You should explain to the recruiter why you are reaching out to them.
4. How to respond to Inmail on LinkedIn
To respond to InMail on LinkedIn, you have 2 options.
1 – A custom message reply
2 – A quick reply which is generated on LinkedIn
5. Why can I only send Inmail on LinkedIn?
To send InMail on LinkedIn you have to upgrade your LinkedIn basic account to a LinkedIn premium account or sales navigator account.
We hope all your queries on “what is Inmail on LinkedIn” have been resolved. If you have any doubts do comment to us. We would love to help you.