YouTube is a popular social media platform with thousands of videos uploaded daily. Is it necessary to have a laptop or a desktop computer to upload those videos? No, not necessarily.
We can upload those videos using a smartphone. This blog will provide you with all the information you want on How to Upload video on YouTube from Mobile.
Upload Video to YouTube from iPhone
Please follow the steps below to upload a video to YouTube from your iPhone.
- Install the YouTube and YouTube Studio apps from the App Store before uploading a video.
- Open the YouTube app.
- Log in to your YouTube channel using your Gmail address.
- Click on the camera icon at the top and select the video you want to upload. If you want to trim, you can do that before uploading.
- After choosing the video, adjust the privacy settings to suit your needs.
- Write the title and description of the video. Try to use the keyword both in the title and description of the video.
- Finally, upload the video to YouTube as unlisted. Once, after uploading the video, switch to the YouTube Studio app.
- Click on the three lines in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select videos from the dropdown and choose the video you uploaded on the YouTube app.
- To edit your video, click the pencil icon and add a custom thumbnail.
- Add tags to your video and press the save button.
- Finally, you are ready to go. But before publishing, remember to change the settings from unlisted to public. Your video is now out in public.
How to Upload a Video to YouTube from Android Phone
Like the iPhone, we must follow specific steps before uploading a video from our Android phones to YouTube. Let us see those steps.
- Before uploading a video, download the YouTube and YouTube Studio apps from the play store.
- Open the YouTube app and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Once you open it, click the “+” button at the bottom of your screen and click on “Upload a video.”
- Select the video you want to upload. Add the title, description, and location (if you want), and save the changes.
- Keep the visibility unlisted, as we need to add a few other things in the YouTube Studio app.
- Upload the video on YouTube.
- Select the video you uploaded on YouTube in the YouTube Studio app.
- Select the video, then click the pencil icon at the top of the screen. Create a custom thumbnail for your video, add tags, and save it.
- Change the visibility from unlisted to public. You can also schedule the video if you want and save the changes.
- You are finally ready to go.
YouTube Upload App
We mainly need to download two apps to upload a video to YouTube. One is the YouTube app, and the other is the YouTube Studio app.
How to Upload a Video to YouTube from Computer
Follow the steps below to upload a video to YouTube from your computer.
- Open the Chrome browser and sign in to YouTube with your Gmail ID. After logging in, click the camera icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- You will see two options. Select upload videos.
- Choose the video that you want to upload. Once done, write the “title” and “description” of the video. You can also include the thumbnail during this stage.
- Make an audience selection, such as whether the video is intended for children.
- Update the Tags section by clicking on more options. Tags are important because they help us rank our YouTube videos.
- Click on Next. You will get the option to select the end screen. Here you can add more videos at the end of the current video. It is something like marketing for your already uploaded videos.
- Select Next. You can modify the scheduling of your video in the Visibility section. Upload the video to YouTube once everything is done.
Upload Video on YouTube Free
Yes. It’s free. Anyone can upload a video to YouTube. The only criterion is that you should have your own YouTube channel. Otherwise, we cannot upload a video to YouTube.
YouTube Studio Upload Video
Few simple steps to upload a video on YouTube Studio
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- Click on the camera icon in the top-right corner. Select “upload videos.”
- Choose the video that you want to upload.
How to Upload Video on YouTube from Mobile and Earn Money
Before uploading a video to YouTube from mobile, we need to install two apps: YouTube and the YouTube Studio App. Once installed, log in to your YouTube account through Gmail. Click on the “+” symbol at the bottom of your screen. Choose the video you want to upload, and then click Next. Once you have entered all the necessary details, finally click on Publish.
We must meet specific criteria to earn money from YouTube. They are as follows:
- Ad Revenue: The minimum age is 18, or you must have a legal guardian who is older than 18 years old. And also, you must create content that meets YouTube’s advertiser-friendly content guidelines.
- Channel Membership: To earn money through channel membership, you should be at least 18 years old and have more than 1,000 subscribers.
- Merch shelf: To earn money through the merch shelf, you should be at least 18 years old and have more than 10,000 subscribers.
- Super Chat and Super Stickers: You should also be 18 years old and live in a country/region where Super Chat is available.
- YouTube Premium Revenue: You can earn money by creating content that a YouTube Premium subscriber watches.
FAQ: How to Upload Video on YouTube from Mobile
How Do You Upload Multiple Videos to YouTube from Your Phone?
While uploading videos, we can either select multiple videos or drag and drop them and upload them all at once. It’s a one-time task, but YouTube will upload each video individually. This procedure takes a long time.
Why Can’t I Upload Videos to YouTube from My Phone?
The possible reasons for this issue may be a bad internet connection, the file size of the video you want to upload, the resolution of the video, and, last but not least, heavy upload traffic.
In this blog, we have shared tips and tricks on How to Upload Video on YouTube from Mobile. If you want to share your video with the social world and want to learn how to upload a video to YouTube from your phone, this post will assist you. Thank you for reading our article. Please leave additional questions, if any, in the comments section.