iMovie is a pre-installed video creation and editing software developed by Apple Inc. for iPhones, iPads, and macOS devices. This software is beneficial for creating and editing videos. Apple Inc. initially launched it in 1999.
If we have our own YouTube channel, we can use iMovie to make professional-looking videos that we can upload to YouTube. But how? This blog will look at How to Upload iMovie to YouTube.
Upload iMovie to YouTube from iPhone
It is effortless to upload a video to YouTube from your iPhone. Just follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- Open iMovie on your iPhone.
- Select the video you want to upload to YouTube from the list of videos or create a new one.
- Do the necessary editing in the iMovie app.
- Once you finish the editing, click on done at the top left corner of your screen. Select the share or export button at the bottom of your screen and save the video.
- It will save the video in your photo library.
- Sign in to YouTube using your Gmail account.
- Press the + button at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on upload a video and select the one you have just edited on your iPhone.
- Click on next at the top right corner of your screen.
- Add title, description, location, privacy, and other necessary details.
- Upload the video on YouTube.
How to Upload iMovie to YouTube on iPad
To upload a video from the iPad to YouTube, we must follow the same steps we followed to upload a video from the iPhone.
- Launch iMovie on your iPad.
- Choose a video from the list or make a new one to upload to YouTube.
- Use the iMovie app to do any necessary editing.
- When you’ve finished editing, click on done in the top left corner of your screen. Later, save the video by clicking the share or export button at the bottom of your screen.
- It will save the video in your photo gallery.
- Log in to YouTube with your Gmail address.
- At the bottom of your screen, press the “+” button.
- Select upload a video and choose the video you just edited on your iPhone.
- In the top right corner of your screen, click Next.
- Write the title and description, set the location if needed, privacy setting and other relevant information.
- Post the video to YouTube.
How to Upload iMovie to YouTube from Mac
Follow the simple steps mentioned below, and you will be ready to post your video on YouTube using your Mac.
- Open iMovie on your Mac.
- Select the video you want to upload to YouTube from the videos under projects on the left side of your screen.
- Make any necessary changes, then click the share button at the top of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the share option.
- A dialogue box will open. Add a title and a description, then choose a format and a resolution before saving the video.
- Click on next and save the video.
- Go to YouTube and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Click on the camera icon with a plus symbol inside it. Select the video from your Mac and upload it to YouTube.
- At this point, make any necessary changes to the title, description, visibility, and so on, and then upload the video to YouTube.
How to Upload iMovie to YouTube 2022
It is simple to upload videos from iMovie to YouTube. First, in iMovie, edit the videos to your liking. Then, save those videos in high resolution by including a title, description, privacy setting, and other required details. Later, sign in to your YouTube account and upload the video according to YouTube guidelines.
Can’t Upload iMovie to YouTube from iPad
We sometimes need help while uploading videos to YouTube from iMovie for various reasons. One such reason is that we usually try to upload videos directly from iMovie to YouTube without first saving them to our iPhone, iPad, or Mac. If we encounter technical or power issues while uploading, the upload will be incomplete and fail to upload successfully to YouTube.
How to Upload iMovie to YouTube Longer than 15 Minutes
To upload videos longer than 15 minutes, we must first save them in our phone gallery or system and then upload the same video to YouTube by logging in separately. When we try to upload directly, we usually get an error message saying that the video is too long to upload.
iMovie Export Settings for YouTube
When exporting videos from iMovie to YouTube, we usually have two options. One option is to save the video to your iPhone, iPad, or Mac and upload it to YouTube after logging in. The second option is to export the videos directly to YouTube by clicking on the share icon in the top-right corner of your computer window or by going to file and selecting share from the drop-down menu. When you click the share button, the YouTube option will appear. Choose YouTube and upload the video there.
FAQ: How to Upload iMovie to YouTube
Why Can’t I Share My iMovie to YouTube?
The length of your video could be the main reason. You cannot upload directly from iMovie if the video is longer than 15 minutes. You must first save the video on your phone or laptop before uploading it to YouTube.
How Do I Convert iMovie to MP4?
There are many ways to convert iMovie videos into MP4 format. The QuickTime player is the official player for Apple’s proprietary software, QuickTime. With the help of this software, you can convert your videos. The Free MP4 Converter is one more free software to convert your videos into MP4 format.
How Do I Upload a 30-Minute Video to YouTube from iMovie?
To upload a video longer than 30 minutes, you must first save it on your Apple device. Later, sign in to your YouTube account and upload the video per YouTube’s guidelines.
What Format Does iMovie Export to YouTube?
iMovie saves videos in MOV format by default. However, MP4 is the preferred format for YouTube. So, if you save videos edited in the iMovie app in High, Low, or Medium quality, it will save them in MP4 format.
In this article, we have provided a step-by-step guide on How to Upload iMovie to YouTube. We also provided information on what to do if the file size is too large or if you encounter any issues while uploading. Please contact us or leave a comment below if you have any further questions about this topic.
How to Upload Video on YouTube from Mobile (Quick Solution)