We often follow people on Instagram out of a friendly gesture. But if someone’s stories or posts aren’t adding value to you, it is possible to unmute them. With this method, you can avoid your engagement with someone’s content, without unfollowing them. But after some time if you change your mind, and want to unmute them, it is possible to do that. It’s easy to unmute someone if you have previously muted them for any reason. For instance, you can unmute the user’s post and their stories.
In this article, we will explain four different methods on how to unmute someone on Instagram.
How to Unmute Someone on Instagram 2022
Here we have explained all the detailed steps below:
Method 1: Unmute someone on Instagram through Direct Message
Follow the easy steps below to unmute someone through the message:
- Open your Instagram account and click on the messenger icon at the top.
- Now select the conversation you want to unmute.
- In that conversation, click on the person’s name at the top of the screen.
- Here disable the “Mute messages” and “Mute call notifications” options to unmute that person.
Method 2: Unmute someone through the person’s profile
You can unmute a person through their profile. Go through these simple steps to unmute anyone through their profile:
- On your Instagram app, go to the search tab (beside the home page tab) at the bottom of your screen.
- Next, on the search bar, type the name/username of the person you want to unmute.
- Now click on their profile and tap on the Following button below their profile.
- You can see a pop-up with many options. Here click on the Mute option.
- Now disable the posts and stories button to unmute that person.
Method 3: Unmute someone through the Instagram setting
Here is another method to unmute any user through the Instagram set. To know more, you can follow the easy steps below:
- Open your Instagram and navigate to your profile tab. Now select the three horizontal lines.
- Here select the Settings tab and then click on the Privacy option.
- Under the Connection category, click on the Muted account option.
- Here you can see a list of all the muted accounts. Now click on the tab you want to unmute.
- Next, you will be on their profile.
- Here tap on the Following button below their profile.
- Click on Mute and then toggle off the Posts and stories button to unmute them.
Method 4: Unmute stories through Instagram Feed
Follow the steps below to unmute someone’s Instagram story through the homepage:
- Open your Instagram app and scroll toward the end of the stories at the top of the homepage.
- Here you can see the muted stories in gray color.
- Next, long-press the account you want to unmute.
- After that, click on Unmute story.
Pro Tip: You can apply all four methods on Android and iPhone.
How to Mute Someone on Instagram
You can mute someone on Instagram with the simple three methods below.
Method 1: Mute someone through Direct Message
- Open your Instagram account and tap on the messenger icon.
- Navigate to any conversation you want to mute and click on their username.
- Here turn on the Mute messages and Mute call notifications buttons.
Method 2: Mute someone by visiting their profile
- On your Instagram app, go to the search bar and enter the username of the person you want to mute.
- Click on their profile and next click on the Following tab.
- Now click on the Mute tab. Here enable the Posts and Stories option to mute the user.
Method 3: Mute someone through Instagram Feed
- On your Instagram app, click on the three dots next to the user’s post.
- Now a pop will appear. Here select the Hide option
- Next, choose Mute (Username).
- After that, click on Mute Posts or Mute Posts or Story.
FAQs: How to Unmute Someone on Instagram
How do you unmute someone’s story on Instagram 2022
First, go to the user’s profile on Instagram and click on the Following option→Here select the Mute option → turn off the Stories option to unmute their story.
Open your Instagram homepage → Scroll right up to the end of the story section → Here all the muted stories will appear in gray → Long press the profile icon → Tap on Unmute story.
When I mute someone on Instagram will they know?
No, when you mute someone on Instagram, they will not get any notification.
How can you tell if someone muted you on Instagram
If someone mutes you, it means they can still follow you on Instagram, but your posts and stories will not appear on their Instagram feed. Likewise, if the person is not viewing your Instagram story, it means they have muted you.
Can someone see how many times you viewed their Instagram story?
No, a person can’t see how often you viewed their Instagram story.
How can you tell if someone is hiding their Instagram stories
Currently, there is no exact way to tell if someone is hiding their Instagram stories.
Can people see who viewed their Instagram profile?
No, you can’t see who viewed your Instagram profile.
If at any time you feel to unmute someone you have muted in the past, you can do so by using any of the above given methods.
We hope now you know how to unmute someone on Instagram. If you have any more queries on this topic, feel free to write them in the comments.
How To See Liked Posts On Instagram (Quick Hack)