YouTube platform is to create short videos. All you need is a good internet connection to stream videos. YouTube recently developed the YouTube Shorts Platform for creators and video streamers who want to watch Short, 60-second videos.
Some people are annoyed by the problem of YouTube Shorts not showing, while others are annoyed by how to turn off YouTube Shorts. We have solutions for both of the problems.
How to Turn Off YouTube Shorts on a PC?
Most shorts have #shorts in their video title.
You can filter those out by using the browser extension BlockTube.
They are available on Chrome and Firefox.
Follow these steps:
- Click on the menu in the right corner of the YouTube application.
- Tap on three dots.
- Choose additional tools.
- Select extensions.
- Click on the hamburger symbol and open the Chrome web store located over there.
- Search for BlockTube and install the extension.
- Click on the extension button in Chrome and then tap on BlockTube.
- Enter #shorts (without the “”) in the field video title.
- Scroll down and click on save.
- Refresh your YouTube page.
This will only remove videos with “#shorts” in their name.
Disable YouTube Shorts Firefox
You can disable the YouTube shorts tab in the navigation tab, and redirect YouTube Shorts Videos to the original YouTube video player, on the desktop for a better experience.
But for that, you will need Firefox to use this extension.
Due to the limitations of Firefox, autoplay is disabled by default, so you must set “Allow Audio and Video” to autoplay.
You have to change the URL to something like this.\
Use YouTube Vanced
You can easily disable YouTube Shorts using YouTube Vanced (apkcombo.com). Plus, it’s free to use and has some great features like an ad blocker and background playback.
To disable YouTube Shorts via this app, you need to follow the steps:
- Install the YouTube vanced application.
- Open the vanced app and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Go to the option: Vanced settings > Ad settings.
- To find the shorts shelf, scroll down to the bottom.
- Toggle the switch to disable YouTube Shorts.
- Actually, there is still a trick to disable YouTube Shorts and use YouTube in your browser. As you know, the YouTube Shorts feature is only available in the YouTube app for smartphones.
YouTube Without Shorts apk
There is also a different app just like YouTube that’s called New Pipe https://newpipe.net/ to watch YouTube videos without Shorts, and it is a third-party application.
Search forNewpipe.net and then you download the apk file, which is just the file that installs the application, and it will give you a little warning.
Disable YouTube Shorts Android Reddit
All you have to do is create a playlist with the first video as a non-Short video. If autoplay is enabled, short movies added after that will be displayed as normal videos. (For those who just want to go back, play and pause).
How to Disable Stories and Short Videos on YouTube
You can either visit YouTube through a browser or you can use the YouTube app. Unfortunately, there is no setting to turn off YouTube Stories or Shorts but there is a workaround that can help to disable them.
Follow these guides to disable Shorts and Stories on YouTube:
1. Scroll down to the Short section.
2. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of each video.
3. Now, select Not Interested. That short will disappear. Kindly do that for all 12-15 videos.
You will see the Short will no longer be there once you refresh the feed.
YouTube Shorts UI
The trend of Short UI videos has brought about a new genre of creating videos, sharing, and using platforms for content creators and viewers. What was once intentional, longer, and mostly filmed sideways on professional cameras has been transformed into Short, vertical, natural-looking 15-second to 60-second moments showcasing his talent on mobile phones and popular music.
Apps like TikTok have made YouTube Shorts a global phenomenon. With this, all the existing video readers (YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram) started to aggressively invest heavily to compete with TikTok and gain millions of users who make TikTok their home
FAQs: How to Turn Off YouTube Shorts
How do I remove YouTube shorts from YouTube?
1. Visit (https://3c5.com/ohpzf) link and download the downgraded version of YouTube.
2. Also, allow and install unknown resources.
3. Next, turn off YouTube’s auto-update option as well.
While installing a downgraded version from this source, you have to allow all the permission needed.
How do I stop channel Shorts on YouTube?
Try removing short videos from YouTube by adjusting your YouTube settings. Here are the steps:
- Click on avatar at the top and select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, tap the General option.
- Turn off your shorts.
- Restart YouTube.
How do I get rid of Shorts on YouTube Vanced?
You have to change ad settings in the settings of the Vanced app. Just turn on its switch to disable YouTube shorts.
How do I turn off YouTube autoplay?
- Go to the home page.
- Tap your profile picture,
- Then tap Settings.
- Tap Autoplay and tap the Autoplay switch to the off position to turn the feature off.
What does YouTube Vanced do?
Vanced offers a much better choice. Just select the default resolution from 144p to 2160p. If we usually watch videos at 1.5x or 2x speed, you can also set your preferred video speed. The app also allows you to disable YouTube’s new resolution selection interface.
For many users, YouTube has always been the preferred choice for an instant explanation of videos on the same platform. For some reason, YouTube Shorts aren’t for the dedicated creators who constantly browse YouTube looking for in-depth videos and information.
We hope this article how to turn off YouTube Shorts or delete YouTube Shorts in simple steps. Please comment below!