The YouTube Restricted Mode is a YouTube setting. With this setting, network administrators or any parent can start filtering the content of YouTube. You can disable this mode when filtration is no longer needed.
We’ll let you know step by step How to turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube Network Administrator.
Network administrators are responsible for controlling computer networks and solving issues that may occur on the network. At first, try to contact your network administrator and ask if they can give access to disable it and if you are unable to get access follow these ways on the given devices.
How to Turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube Network Administrator on Android
If you need to turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube network administrator on Android devices, follow this step-by-step guide.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Tap on the three-dot in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Now, find Settings and get into it
- Then, click on Privacy and security.
- Next, you have to click on Safety check.
- After that, click on Safe Browsing.
- At last, Uncheck the No protection option.
How to Turn off Restricted Mode on the YouTube Network Administrator on the Phone
- On your mobile, pull down the Notification Panel. Turn off Wi-Fi.
- Then, in YouTube settings, visit the General section.
- In this section, there will be a Restricted Mode button. To continue, toggle it to disable.
- Then swipe the Notification Panel and turn on Wi-Fi on your mobile. Exit the YouTube application.
As per the above steps, we can disable the Restricted Mode of the online video application despite it being enabled by the network administrator.
The whole idea is to stop and start the Wi-Fi as suggested here. We would prefer that you visit YouTube on your mobile. Later on, its application will start functioning with the Restricted Mode on YouTube turned off.
How to Turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube Network Administrator Chromebook
Many users have a habit to add extensions to their Chromebook and maybe one of these extensions is the cause of this problem.
In this method, we will find out if there is any extension installed on your Chromebook that is controlling the settings of Restricted Mode and then we will disable that add-on.
- Open the browser and Click on the extensions on your account.
- Disable the extensions one by one and refresh the YouTube page after turning off each extension and check if disabling any of those allows you to change the Restricted Mode Settings.
YouTube Restricted Mode Won’t Turn off
YouTube has a feature called Restricted Mode that stops you from watching some of the more mature or disturbing content in the YouTube app.
But you also have the option to disable the Restricted Mode option. Many times, Restricted Mode won’t turn off and the reason behind this are:
- If you have the Google Family Link set up, Restricted mode will be automatically applied to all the settings of each family member’s account.
- This may also apply to designated parents in the family group. There is no option to deactivate it for the parent accounts via the Family Link mobile app.
If you have a content filter on your network, say as a router setting or an attached device like a Firewall YouTube will automatically apply Restricted Mode thinking that The network you are connecting to is a school network or other sensitive network.
To solve this you need to use a VPN or a Proxy connection.
FAQs: How to Turn Off Restricted Mode on YouTube Network Administrator
How do I Change the Restricted Mode on YouTube Administrator?
To change Restricted Mode on YouTube, search YouTube in a web browser and log in. Now, tap on your profile icon and then click Restricted Mode to change it from the bottom of the panel.
Why is YouTube Stuck in Restricted Mode?
To unlock the Restricted Mode, without knowing the password, you will need to clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
Who is my Network Administrator?
Your administrator could be The person who gave you their username, as in email@example.com. Someone in your IT department or help desk (at a company or school), someone who manages your email service or website (in a small business or club).
Why is my YouTube Restricted by Network Administrators?
Your YouTube is restricted by network administrators to protect you from disturbing and mature content on YouTube.
Why Can’t I Disable YouTube Restricted Mode?
Your YouTube might be controlled by any family link or network administrator to prevent you from watching mature content. To disable it you should contact your network administrator or check your parental controls.
Restricted mode is offered by Google Chrome and YouTube to keep you safe on YouTube. This is done by AI and reports from other users and videos. Users can create separate accounts for their children using Restricted Mode, parental controls, and even changing ad settings. How to Turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube Network Administrator read the above article, if you have queries regarding this article comment below!
How to Disable Restricted Mode on YouTube (3 Proven Solutions)