In 2014, Instagram launched a feature called the business account that promised to offer users detailed insights and business tools to promote your content. Needless to say, many creators, brands, and influencers switched their personal accounts to business accounts.
However, users are now considering switching back to personal accounts because they want to focus on increasing the organic reach of their content. They’re also looking to deeply engage with a close community of loyal followers. They may even want to make their account private and vet future followers.
Fortunately, we can easily show you how to switch back to a personal account on Instagram. You must remember that you lose the insights on previous posts when you go back to a personal account–and you cannot retrieve them even if you move to a business account later.
So think deep and hard before you make a decision.
How to Switch Back to Personal Account on Instagram 2022
While the decision is a critical one, the steps are simple:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Go to your profile page and click the hamburger menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Click Settings and then click Account.
- At the bottom of the list that is displayed, click Switch to Personal Account.
- You’ll be shown a prompt that says: Switch Back to Personal Account? Click Switch Back.
Congratulations! Now you’re back to having a personal Instagram account.
Switch Back to Personal Account Instagram from Creator
Personal accounts on Instagram are basic accounts that enable users to publish posts, Reels, and Stories. However, there is no access to analytics or insights.
Professional accounts on Instagram are of two types: business accounts and creator accounts. Users get access to detailed insights and useful tools to promote their content.
If you want to switch back to a personal account from a creator account on Instagram, follow these steps:
- Click on the profile image in the bottom right corner of your Instagram feed.
- Swipe left and you’ll see the menu bar appear.
- You can also access the menu bar by clicking on the hamburger menu icon in the top-left corner.
- Click on Settings and then click on Account.
- Scroll down and find the option – Switch Account Type.
- Click on Switch to Personal Account.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on the Switch Back button.
Also Read: How to Block Someone on Instagram (Step-By-Step Guide)
How to Turn off Business Account on Instagram on Computer
If you use Instagram on your desktop computer, here are the steps to turn off your business account:
- Log in to your Instagram account and go to your profile page.
- Click on the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on Settings and on Account.
- Click on Switch to Personal Account.
FAQ: How to Switch Back to a Personal Account on Instagram
What’s the difference between a personal and business Instagram account?
A business Instagram account gives you access to premium features and more analytics, and has a far greater reach than personal Instagram accounts. It also gives you more space to write about your company information, including a Contact button.
What happens if you switch back to a Personal Account?
When you switch back to a personal account on Instagram, you permanently lose the insights you were seeing in the business or creator account.
How do I unlink my business and personal Instagram?
On the Instagram app for Android, follow these steps: Tap your profile picture→Tap in the top-right→ corner of your profile screen→Tap Settings→Tap Login info→Tap next to the account you want to delete→Tap Remove.
How do I remove the creator tag on Instagram?
To remove the creator tag on Instagram, you have to switch from a creator account to a personal account or business account.
Can you have both a personal and business Instagram account?
Yes, you can have both a personal and business Instagram account. You can add up to 5 Instagram accounts.
- On your Instagram profile, click on the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and click on Add Account.
- Add the username and password of the new account.
Can someone see if you have 2 Instagram accounts?
Although someone cannot see if you have 2 Instagram accounts through a quick one-step method, they can type your username in the search bar to see which accounts show up. They could also search for your Instagram accounts by typing the search string “potential name site:instagram.com.” Or they could use third-party search tools like Social Catfish, BeenVerified, and Spokeo.
If you want the benefits of a personal Instagram account–organic reach, ability to link to multiple Facebook pages, and personal touch to your posts–you should know how to switch back to a personal account on Instagram.
For further questions, please ask in the comments.
How to Collab Post on Instagram
How to Know If Someone Blocked You on Instagram (Quick Tips)