Instagram Stories last for only 24 hours (unless you add it as a highlight) and the platform doesn’t make it easy for you to share other people’s content as easily as on Twitter or Facebook.
You may be impressed enough with someone’s entertaining or informative content to want to share it to your Stories. But you’re wondering how to share someone’s Story on Instagram. Let us tell you.
How to Share Someone’s Story on Instagram
- In the upper right-hand corner of your app’s home screen, click the Direct inbox icon that looks like a paper plane.
- Open the notification that says you were tagged in the Story (you want to share).
- Click Add to Your Story and then click Send.
- The Story is now shared on your Stories.
Caveat: You cannot share someone’s stories on your Story if they haven’t tagged you.
How to Share Someone’s Post on Instagram Story
What if you want to share a fantastic post on your Instagram Story?
Here’s what you should do:
- Click the paper plane icon below the post you want to share.
- Click Add post/video to your story.
- Click Send To.
- Click Share next to Your Story, then click Done.
When you share someone’s post on your Instagram Stories, anyone can see who originally put it up and can visit that account.
How to Share Someone’s Story on Instagram without Being Tagged
Sorry, you cannot share someone’s story on Instagram without being tagged. But we have a workaround for it:
- Take a screenshot of the Story you want to share.
- Crop to remove irrelevant parts of the screenshot.
- Upload the screenshot to your Story.
- You can also use the Photo Sticker option to upload the screenshot.
- It’s a good idea to tag the person whose Story you’ve shared via screenshot. They might want to repost your Story, giving you more eyeballs.
Also Read: How to Share a YouTube Video on Instagram (8 Best Ways)
How to Post a Story on Instagram
Want to post a story on your own feed? Here are the steps:
- Open Instagram and either swipe right to reach the camera or click the plus sign icon and scroll to Story.
- Click the circle to either take a photo or click and hold to record a video.
- If you want to use a photo/video from your phone’s Gallery, swipe up.
- Add filters, text, stickers, or doodles using the tools at the top of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Your Story to post the photo or video to your Story.
- To see your published Story, click Your Story at the top of your feed.
FAQs: How to Share Someone’s Story on Instagram
Can you share someone else’s Instagram story?
Yes, you can share someone else’s Instagram Story provided they have tagged you. The steps are mentioned previously.
Even if they haven’t tagged you, we’ve provided a workaround.
Can you share other people’s Stories on your Story?
Yes, if they have tagged you on their story, you can share it to your Story.
How do you repost another person’s Story?
Click the paper plane icon → Add post/video to your Story → Send To → Share → Done.
Why can’t I share someone’s story to my Story?
If people do not tag you in their stories, you cannot share them on your story. You could take a screenshot of their story and post it as your story, though. Remember to tag them on it to notify them about it.
How do you share someone’s Story on Instagram without being tagged?
You can take a screenshot of the Story you want to share and upload it to your Story. Remember to tag the person whose Story you’ve reposted.
How do you do the Add Yours on Instagram?
- Find a story with the Add Yours sticker.
- When you click it, you can see all the Stories in the chain.
- Click the blue Add Yours button at the bottom of the screen.
- Create your Story by adding background, text, other stickers, and media. The Add Yours sticker will be displayed in this Story.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Your story or the → to publish the Story.
Instagram Stories is a popular format wherein people share interesting information that you might want to share with your network of friends. You can do it by following the methods we have shared.
More questions? Let us know!
How to Reshare Instagram Story (Quick Solution)