Instagram and Youtube are the best platforms to share video content. Your long-form YouTube videos can be promoted on Instagram by sharing the link or by posting a short teaser and attaching the link.
Are you wondering How to Share a YouTube Video on Instagram.
Wouldn’t it be great if your YouTube videos could be shared with your Instagram followers?
Repurposing and sharing your content on different social media platforms helps in growing your brand and generating traffic.
There is, however, no direct way to share videos from YouTube to Instagram.
Don’t bother. We have a solution for you!
Keep reading this article, and we will provide tested and proven methods to share the content.
How to Share a YouTube Video on Instagram 2022
There are two straightforward ways to share YouTube videos on Instagram. If you proceed step-by-step, it will be a very smooth way.
Method 1 – As a link
Follow these steps who have 10k followers or are verified:
- Copy the desired YouTube video URL.
- Open your Instagram account and click the Plus sign.
- Click on the Story option.
- Press the Create button.
- On the top of the screen, click on the Sticker icon.
- Tap on the link sticker.
- Then Add Link page shows up.
- Now paste your youtube link into the URL field.
- Click on Done.
- Click on Add Stories at the bottom.
Method 2 – As a post
Here’s how to do it:
- Download the youtube video on your computer.
- Now crop the video using the Inshot app.
- In the Inshot app, after clicking on the crop button, tap on the 9 to 16 button.
- Now post the video on your Instagram story.
How to Share YouTube Video on Instagram Story without 10K Followers
In 2018, Instagram launched IGTV, which allows creators to link to external content without requiring followers.
Instagram allows you to include a real URL in your IGTV caption, regardless of the number of followers you have.
Swipe Up will allow you to add your IGTV video to your Insta Story as soon as it’s posted.
No direct way is there for users with less than 10k followers.
There are 6 ways to share YouTube videos on Instagram Story for users with less than :
1- Share your IGTV Videos with a link
- Create an IGTV video of around a minute with a CTA to the title of your video.
- Upload your video to IGTV and then add the link to your description.
- Now, post the video to your IGTV channel.
- After that, open your Insta Story.
- Add your IGTV video.
- Press the link icon at the top of your screen.
- Click on + IGTV Video.
- Now select the IGTV video.
- Share your story with a swipe-up.
2- Use a poll sticker and direct message to those who say yes with your link
- Firstly, create a story and include a question like do you want the link?.
- Now add a poll sticker beneath that with two options.
- Swipe up to check who clicked on the “yes” variant of your poll.
- Then send those people your link with a personal message.
3- Send people a message or an emoji when they click the link
Ask to send either a common emoji or to send the word “yes”.
4- Use Instagram Story Ads to get the Instagram Story Swipe Up
It is paid option, but if you target well, it will put your ad in front of the right people.
5- Use the @mention sticker of yourself on Story with a CTA to visit your bio link
If you @mention your own account in your Story, people will be taken to your profile where your bio can include a short call-to-action. Keep the sticker small
6- Mention the link in the bio
7- Tell people to send you a DM
You can mention in the story- “Send me a thumbs up emoji if you want the link”.
8- Chat feature
Your link will be sent to everyone who joins your Chat (in one click) in a private message. No need to send links separately to each and every one. You can add 31 people in a single chat. Create multiple stories with a Chat sticker to add more people. Can add sticker below such text- Join below to get the link.
How to Post a YouTube Video on Instagram from iPhone
The full rundown to uploading a video from YouTube to Instagram goes something like this:
- Download the video from YouTube with the help of an mp4 downloader to your iPhone.
- Now crop the video for Instagram.
- Upload the video to Instagram.
How to Share a YouTube Video on Instagram Story Reddit
It’s easy and straightforward to share a YouTube video on Instagram. You need to open the app and tap on your profile picture. Tap on the gallery icon on the bottom left. Now select the video and write the caption. And finally, share the Instagram story.
FAQ: How to Share a YouTube Video on Instagram
How do you put YouTube videos on Instagram stories?
There are different ways to put the YouTube video for users with more than 10k followers and for users with less than 10k followers. Video can be published as a post as well as a link. In your story, you can use stickers, polls, and IGTV videos.
Why can’t I share a YouTube video to Instagram?
Instagram has a few requirements to post videos:
- Uploading explicit content is not allowed.
- The video must be between 3 and 60 seconds long.
Can you post a YouTube link on Instagram?
Yes, you can share the YouTube links. Steps to follow to post a video on Instagram using a YouTube link with Swipe-up:
Instagram app → Plus button → Story → Chain button → URL → Paste the URL → Done
How do I share a YouTube video without linking?
Follow the steps:
- Locate the recorded video on your phone.
- Share it on WhatsApp.
- Post the Status.
Can I save YouTube videos to my phone?
Both Android and iOS users can download the videos for offline viewing until and unless the creator has allowed it and the video is not private.
How do you save a YouTube video to your phone gallery?
You can download the Videoder app and can download videos easily and can share them.
Hopefully, you found these tips useful on How to Share a YouTube Video on Instagram. If you have any questions, do let us know in the comment section below.