Is there anything you should do if you mistakenly delete some important direct messages on Instagram? And is it possible to recover them?
Of course, it is!
Now, for a better user experience, Instagram is constantly updating algorithms, and processes, and adding features.
Don’t freak out! Here you can find the complete guide on how to see deleted messages on Instagram 2022.
You’ll love this guide if you want to recover your Instagram messages.
Let’s get started!
How to See Deleted Messages on Instagram 2022
Fortunately, recovering messages from Instagram isn’t as challenging as it might seem.
There are a few ways to do this. Follow these steps by using Instagram Data.
- Open Instagram.com in your browser.
- Sign in and go to your profile.
- Tap on Edit Profile.
- Now select Privacy and Security.
- Click on Request Download by scrolling down.
- Tap on Next to confirm your email address.
- Finally, enter your password and click Request Download.
- You will receive a link within 48 hours.
Download the data, by using the link and follow the below steps to view deleted messages.
For desktop, request the HTML version. No extra software is needed for the HTML version. Alternatively, you can view this data in your PC’s web browser.
- On an android device, install the Json Genie (Editor) app.
- Now, extract the downloaded zip file.
- After that, launch the Json Genie (Editor) app.
- Open the messages.json file, and locate the Instagram data folder.
- That’s it, here are all the deleted Instagram messages.
For iPhone users, JSON Pro Free is a free tool for viewing JSON files. Visit the Online JSON Viewer website to view the JSON file on your PC.
Pro Tip: When you delete messages from an iOS or Android device, they will disappear from the device. But those messages will remain on Instagram’s servers. From ‘Instagram Data’, you can download this stored information (including videos, photos, and messages). Then you can extract your deleted messages from this data.
Instagram Message Recovery
To recover Instagram messages online, an Instagram employee developed this recovery site. Instagram message recovery site has good reviews.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Enter your username on the Instagram message recovery site.
- Now, tap on Recover Messages.
- After this, complete the human verification.
- Finally, your deleted messages will be recovered.
Also Read: How To Change Youtube Banner? (With Images)
How to Hack Instagram Deleted Messages
Instagram takes care of its user’s privacy a lot and never allows anyone to access another user’s account without their consent.
Even deleted messages can not be hacked as they are stored in Instagram servers.
Few third-party apps (such as InstaRecovery or DMDE) or data recovery tools (such as Disk Drill or Recuva) can be used to restore the messages.
Instagram Message Recovery App
For recovering deleted Instagram messages, it is preferable to use a data recovery app. As many conditions need to be fulfilled while recovering from the backup.
FoneLab is perfect for iPhones.
And for Android, FoneLab for Android is the best choice.
- Open the FoneLab app on a PC, then connect and scan the iPhone.
- Now view deleted Instagram Direct messages that are red marked.
- Click on Recover to restore messages in HTML or CSV files.
Pro Tip: FoneLab provides three recovery modes: Recover from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes Backup File, Recover from iCloud Backup File
- Download and install Fonelab on your PC.
- Connect your phone with your PC.
- Scan your phone, and identify the messages you want to recover.
- Click on Recover.
Also Read: How To Get App Appearance On Snapchat?
How to Find Deleted Instagram Messages on iPhone
With an iCloud backup, you can retrieve deleted text messages on your iPhone by restoring it. iTunes or Finder can be used to recover texts from iPhone backups.
There are also apps that can help with data recovery.
Are Instagram Messages Deleted Forever
No, Instagram messages won’t forever disappear. Instead, they get stored in Instagram servers. Users on Instagram are being informed that unsent messages won’t actually be deleted.
Recover Deleted Instagram Messages Reddit
Your conversation will still be available to the user or group you’re chatting with. In this case, you can only recover deleted Instagram messages by asking your chat partners to resend them.
FAQ: How to See Deleted Messages on Instagram
Can I get back deleted messages on Instagram?
Deleted messages will disappear from iOS or Android devices but will remain on Instagram’s servers.
From Instagram Data, you can download these messages. Then you can extract messages.
Where is recently deleted on Instagram?
Follow these steps to locate them:
Profile picture → Your activity → Recently deleted.
How do you retrieve deleted Instagram messages on android?
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to https://assisttechie.com/ig-messages-recovery/.
- Input your username or profile URL.
- Click on Recover Messages.
- Now, complete the human verification process.
- Finally, download any messages you want to recover.
How long are deleted Instagram messages stored?
For around 90 days, deleted messages will be stored.
Can vanish mode messages be recovered?
No, they can’t be recovered. After you view a message or close a chat, it disappears from Vanish Mode. Do not forget, however, that screenshots or copies/pastes can always be taken.
Now that you know how to see deleted messages on Instagram, we hope you have a better understanding of the issue. In case of any issues, please let us know in the comment section below.