The Saved music feature on Instagram lets you save your favorite songs and audio so you don’t have to waste time looking for them while posting. It is similar to creating a playlist on Instagram of your most liked songs.
Wondering how to save songs on Instagram? We have all the details!
How Do I Save Music From Instagram?
There is no direct way to save a song from the Music feature. If you want to create a folder called Saved music, there is another way.
To save music on Instagram, follow these steps:
1. Find the Reel with music that you like.
2. Tap on the song title in the lower-left corner.
3. After that, you’ll be taken to a page that contains all the reels with that audio.
4. Select the Save Audio option above the Reels.
How to Save a Song on Instagram Story
If you want to save a song on your Instagram story, here’s what you can do:
1. Find a Story with a song you like.
2. Press on the Song Title.
3. Press the Save Music button to save it.
4. Go back to the home screen and swipe left to open the camera for creating an Instagram Story.
5. Now, tap on the sticker icon at the top and press the music sticker to add music to your story.
6. Click the Saved option and you will see a list of Saved Music.
6. Choose the song and you are good to go.
Why Can’t I Save Music on Instagram Reels?
If you are unable to save music on Instagram Reels, there is a chance that your account type is business. You can switch the business account to the creator account and you will be able to save audio on Instagram reels.
How to Save Audio from Instagram Reels
1. Find a Reel with a song you like.
2. Click on the Song Title.
3. Tap on the Save button.
4. Go to Reels editor and tap on the Music feature.
5. Choose the Saved option and you can see a list of saved music.
6. Add the song you liked and it’s done.
Why Can’t I Use Saved Audio on Instagram Story?
If you are not able to use saved audio on your Instagram Story, it could be because you have a business account. Instagram’s policy for business accounts differs from that of personal accounts. If you have a business account, you can only add royalty-free music to an Instagram Story.
FAQ: How to Save Songs on Instagram
Where is Instagram music library?
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app.
- Go to Instagram stories and take or upload a photo or video.
- Tap the stickers button at the top of the screen and choose the music sticker.
- You will be taken to the Instagram music library where you’ll find thousands of songs to choose from.
Why can’t I find a song on Instagram music?
If you have a business account, then you will not be able to use music on Instagram. Switch your account to creator/personal type and you will be able to find and use music on Instagram. Instagram prohibits businesses from using music on the app for commercial use.
Why songs are not available on Instagram?
Sometimes, songs are not available on Instagram because the specific song you are trying to add is not available in your location. Mostly, this is due to licensing issues. The same song can be used by Instagram in one country but is not available in another country.
Instagram’s Saved music feature lets you save your favorite songs and audio. It is similar to creating a playlist on Instagram of your most liked songs. There are thousands of songs for you to choose from in the Instagram music library and use them on Stories and Reels.
However, if you are unable to save music on Instagram Reels, there is a chance that your account type is business and you need to switch to a personal account.
If you have further questions, please let us know via your comments.