In addition to driving engagement, reposting on social media facilitates networking.
Resharing your own post garners engagement with minimal effort.
Likewise, resharing others’ posts is a win-win for both parties.
Here are some of the specific benefits of reposting on Instagram.
In this post, we’re showing you the practical and proven methods of How to Reshare Instagram Story.
Let’s get started!
How to Reshare Instagram Story 2022
Almost all Instagram posts of public accounts can be shared on your Instagram story.
This is the official way of resharing. There are a few other ways like taking screenshots but it’s not official.
You need to follow quick steps:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Now, go to the post you want to share with your story.
- Tap on the triangle-shaped share button beneath the image.
- Add a post to a story by selecting it.
- You can move and resize the picture as you like, and add any text or stickers you like.
- Finally, click on the Your story button to upload it.
Once the feature is enabled, you will be able to share your own posts as well as other users.
How to Repost a Story on Instagram That You’re Not Tagged in 2022
The easiest way is to take a screenshot of the post and repost it. You will not see the option Add this to your story unless the owner of the story tagged you.
In spite of this, there are numerous third-party apps that serve the same purpose.
You have two options which depend on whether the Story is a video or a static image.
- You can repost a Story by navigating to it.
- Long press for a while (hold down on the story, so that the Story appears without the profile name etc.)
- Then Screenshot the image.
- Firstly start a screen recording.
- Now navigate to the Story you want to repost.
- Press and hold throughout the video so that the screen recording saves it as its own video.
- Go to your screen recording.
- Edit or crop the video.
Important Note💡 - Ask for permission or tag the one whose content you are sharing.
How to Repost a Post on Instagram 2022
In addition to having more than 1 billion users, Instagram is a well-known social media platform for increasing brand awareness and driving new business.
To repost a post all you need to follow these easy steps:
- Go to your Direct Messages.
- Open the message which has informed you that you’ve been tagged in a Story.
- Click on the button in the message that reads Add This To Your Story.
- You can edit and add GIFs, stickers, or text.
- Tap on Next.
- Choose where the story should be posted.
- Lastly, tap on Send.
Also Read: How to Share Instagram Profile (3 Methods)
How to Post a Story on Instagram
Using Stories after reels is an effective and crisp way to reach multiple audiences. Follow the Step-by-step instructions to post a story:
Tap on Your Story at the top of the feed → Select the photo or video or camera to upload desired one → Edit and Add captions, and stickers → Share
Can’t Share Post to Story Instagram 2022
In the case of a private account, you can’t share the post. Your story can only be shared with someone whose account is public and who has allowed resharing.
FAQ: How to Reshare Instagram Story
Can I share someone else’s Instagram story to mine?
Only in case, their account is a public account and they’ve allowed resharing of their posts.
How do you repost someone’s story?
Here’s how to do it:
Instagram → desired photo or video → Share icon → Add Post to Your Story > Your story
Can I repost an Instagram story if I’m not tagged?
The easiest way is to take the screenshot and share it wherever you want to.
Now that you know How to Reshare Instagram Story, go ahead and apply the ways that we have discussed above. If you have further queries, please let us know via your comments.