Is your Instagram feed filled with the same kind of content and do you think what to do about it? In this article, you will learn How to reset Instagram explore page so you can only see fresh content.
Before that, let’s quickly understand how the explorer page works. Instagram’s algorithm shows you content based upon your search history. The type of content you most interact with becomes majority of your explorer page in no time.
Instagram pulls out accounts and feeds from all over its platform and displays them on the explore page. Explore content is the house of the most trending posts on its platform. So, you see the trending reels, and posts, which are based on your search history.
Resetting or clearing your Instagram explorer page is very easy. It takes only a few minutes. I will show you how it can be done for both android and iPhone.
How to Reset Instagram Explore Page Android
To clear your Instagram explorer page take these steps;
- Go to your Instagram account and tap on the “profile picture” at the bottom right corner. It will take you to your profile.
- Tap on the three-bar menu in the top right corner of the page.
- Now, tap the “your activity” menu.
- Click on the “recent searches” and then click, “clear all” at the top right corner.
- Select “clear all search history” and press “submit.”
- Your explorer page will be anew now.
How to Reset Instagram Feed iPhone
- Go to your Instagram profile, and click on the “profile icon” at the bottom right corner.
- Select the three-bar menu at the top right corner.
- Tap on the “your activity” menu and click on “recent searches.”
- Now, select “clear all” at the top right corner of that page.
- Click “submit.”
Your explorer feed will be reset now.
Reset Instagram Explore Feed 2022
Here is another hack I will share with you to optimize your explore page further. As of this year, Instagram has begun to add more posts in your feed from unknown accounts. This trick will help you to guide the Instagram algorithm in a better way.
Let us explore the explorer page, shall we?
- Go to the explore page and scroll down through the feeds.
- Did you find anything inappropriate yet?
- If yes, click on that post and tap on the three-dot you see at the top right corner of the post.
- Select, not interested, or report as per your discretion.
- Instagram will acknowledge this as a message saying,” this post has been hidden. We will show you fewer posts like this from now on.”
By taking this simple step, you will teach the algorithm what not to show you. That is what you want, right?
FAQ- How to Reset Instagram Explore Page
Why is Instagram showing me accounts I don’t follow 2022?
Instagram shows you the accounts you don’t follow as suggestions. These account suggestions are based on the mutual friends, account activity and your search history for similar content. Instagram give you the option to turn it off also. Here is the article on how to turn off account suggestion
How do I get on the 2022 Explore page?
To get on the explore page follow these tips;
- Post about trending topic, reels and videos.
- Follow and use trending hashtags in your feeds. Post regularly.
- Post the content when most of your audience is online.
- Follow and engage with your community.
- Do go live and collaborate with other content creators to attract more audiences.
Hope this helps!
How do I reset my feed on Instagram 2022?
Instagram gives you two options to reset your feed. One is by clearing your search history and the second, is to opt for the “not interested” option for the posts you don’t want to see in your feed. Both of these scenarios are covered in this blog.
Does Instagram Change 2022 algorithm?
Yes. As updated by the CEO of Instagram Adam Mosieri Instagram algorithm will give priority to videos among all forms of content. It will also show feeds from accounts you don’t follow. More ways to interact with content like the story “add yours”, remix your reels, going all black mode, etc is promoted. That’s why you are seeing so many changes in your feeds.
Can you turn off Discover on Instagram?
Yes, if you don’t want your account to show up in other profile suggestions! This is how you do it; log in to your Instagram account on a browser, not the app→ Go to your profile,click edit profile.→ Now, scroll down, un-check the box right next to the “similar account suggestions.”→ Select, “save changes.”
That’s it, your account is officially hidden from suggestions.
Instagram is frequently changing its algorithm and most probably your feed will be again flooded with irrelevant content. To get rid of the boring feed, “how to reset Instagram explore page” will be helpful in the future too! Bookmark this blog and share it.