YouTube is among the top 3 largest search engines in the world. So you can imagine the amount of traffic it drives every day. There has been a massive rise in the number of people joining YouTube as creators. As a result of this, ranking a video on YouTube is no longer an easy task.
Thus, it becomes important to optimize your content and rank it organically.
We will help you understand how to rank any keywords on YouTube with Live Proof in this article.
Everyone wants to create videos that draw higher engagement and organic traffic. YouTube SEO allows you to optimize your content, to get visible for relevant keywords. YouTube has its algorithm to decide how to rank the videos. This algorithm functions on factors like video titles, tags, content, and description. Optimizing your content for YouTube SEO helps you to generate engaging content. And this eventually brings in more views and subscribers to your channel.
With the help of SEO tools, you can get YouTube search data. This data will guide you to understand the interest of the consumers and give information about what is being searched on YouTube around a certain industry.
Youtube SEO for Beginners
With YouTube SEO, you can optimize your content to get a better ranking on YouTube and Google search results. An effective YouTube SEO strategy will lead to more views, subscribers, and traffic on your channel.
Here are 10 tips for beginners to boost your YouTube SEO:
1. Optimize your Channel description and perform keyword research.
2. Add relevant tags to the video.
3. Use the target keyword in your video content.
4. Keep track of user engagement.
5. Create eye-catching thumbnails to improve video CTR.
6. Making a series of connected videos for audience retention.
7. Adding subtitles in multiple languages for broader audience reachability.
8. Keep a track of your channel’s progress through channel analytics.
9. Use YouTube cards and end screens at the end of the video to keep the audience engaged in your channel.
10. Promoting your video on social media.
Youtube SEO Tool
In spite of a large engagement on YouTube, reaching your target audience is not easy. For a higher ranking of videos and visibility, YouTube SEO plays an important role.
Let’s take a look at the YouTube SEO tools that will help you maximize your reach-
1. YouTube Autosuggest – Helps you in basic keyword research.
2. TubeBuddy – Helps in effective management of your YouTube Channel.
3. VidIQ – Allows you to track channel performance, and tells you what is trending.
4. Google Trends – Helps you do region, category, and period-specific research on a particular topic.
5. Moz Keyword Explorer – provides out-of-the-box keyword recommendations. It tells organic CTR scores and suggests related keywords.
How to Optimize YouTube Channel
Around 70% of people use YouTube before making a product purchase. Today, many big brands have a YouTube channel to boost their customer reach. But only a few small businesses have their account on YouTube. One can guide potential customers along their path to purchase through videos. To stand out among other YouTube channels, optimize your YouTube channel.
Following are a few ways through which you can optimize your YouTube channel:
1. Optimize the About Us page.
2. Use a keyword in your YouTube channel name.
3. Create an attractive YouTube banner.
4. Upload a Channel icon.
5. Use the right keywords in the video description and title.
6. Organize your YouTube videos into playlists.
7. Use video cards and end-screen in the video.
8. Design eye-catching thumbnails for your video.
9. Add social media links to the Header.
10. Add a CTA or Call to action.
11. Use Closed Captions to improve ranking.
12. Add social media links to the Header.
How to Rank YouTube Videos Fast in 2022
To rank YouTube videos fast in 2022, you need to optimize your videos both on YouTube as well as on Google. Thus, it is important to plan your YouTube content strategy beforehand.
Here are a few technical points that you can incorporate to rank your YouTube videos fast:
1. Keyword Research
Target keywords that are relevant to your channel and generate 10000 to 40000 searches per month. YouTube doesn’t watch every video. So it becomes important to use only effective keywords.
You can use tools like Google Trends to get data on what’s trending.
3. Identical content
You can take inspiration from popular videos and make a video on a similar topic but in your style. Research which tags these videos are using and try to use the same ones.
4. Video Description
Write relevant video descriptions for each video. The description should mention the keyword in the first 25 words, and repeat it 3-4 times. Include CTA, resources, social media links, hashtags, and company synopsis in the description.
5. YouTube Backlinks
Google will give higher rankings if your video has more Backlinks. To get more Backlinks, share your content on social media pages and forums. But one should keep track of the site you are linked to. Bad links will do no good for your target to rank higher.
Focus on making a perfect thumbnail that is appealing to the audience. Remember, the more attractive the thumbnail is, the more people will click on it.
Tags give more information about your video to YouTube which helps you in ranking. Include 5 to 10 tags for each video, using the target keyword in the first tag and related in the second one.
How to Make Your Video Appear First on YouTube
Whether you are a brand or a social media influencer, you want it to appear first. But acquiring the top position in YouTube search results is not as easy as it seems.
Here are a few tips to help you appear first on YouTube:
1. Research your target keywords.
2. Use keywords in the title and description.
3. Choose relevant tags for the video.
4. Use CTA or Call to action in the video.
5. Optimize video length.
6. Focus on creating quality content with high resolution.
FAQ: How to Rank Any Keywords on YouTube with Live Proof
What is the fastest way to rank a keyword on YouTube?
Perform keyword research to understand which keywords work and which don’t. Use tools like YouTube autosuggest, YouTube Keyword Planner, and Moz Keyword Explorer.
Do 4K videos rank higher on YouTube?
4K videos have a better chance of ranking higher. This is because the video quality is one of the important factors that help video in higher ranking.
How do you hit an algorithm on YouTube?
Here are 5 ways to do it:
1. Keyword Research, 2. Using long tail keywords in tags, 3. competitive research, 4. Optimizing YouTube algorithm, 5. Writing effective metadata.
What is a good SEO score on YouTube?
A good SEO score on YouTube is between 80 to 100.
Does rewatching a YouTube video count as a view?
Yes, rewatching a YouTube video does get included in the total views. But, some believe that it doesn’t get counted after an individual watches it 4- 5 times.
Getting a higher ranking on YouTube is the goal of almost all YouTube video creators. Although it seems difficult, it is achievable if you focus on its technical aspects. We have tried to explain and break down these aspects in this article.
We hope this article has helped you understand how to rank any keywords on YouTube with live proof.
In case of more queries, feel free to drop them in the comments.