The Instagram platform allows you to turn your account into a private mode if you are not very comfortable sharing every piece of content with everyone on the platform.
People can use private mode if they love their privacy and don’t want to let random followers see their content.
So are you not comfortable sharing everything with everyone on Instagram and want to make your account private but don’t know how to make your Instagram private?
Then follow the steps below.
How to Make Instagram Private on Phone
Turning your Instagram account private on your phone is not rocket science. You can follow the below steps and get it done within seconds:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Click on your Profile picture.
- Then go to your three straight-line buttons and click on Settings.
- Once you have reached settings click on Privacy.
- Then Click on the Private account and turn it on.
How to Make Instagram Private iPhone
Instagram allows its users to turn their accounts into private mode because, according to them, users’ privacy is the most important thing. Here are the steps to help you turn your account into private mode on your iPhone.
- Tap on your Profile picture.
- Click on the top right button.
- Then tap on Settings and press on Privacy.
- Finally, click on the Private account and turn on the slider.
How to Make Instagram Private from Business
If you have a business account and you want to turn your account into private mode follow the below steps given:
- Go to your Instagram account.
- Click on your Profile icon then press the top right button.
- Then go and click on Settings.
- Once on the settings screen, select Privacy.
- Last but not least, activate the slider in the Private account.
How to Make Your Instagram Private from Creator
Follow the instructions below if you have a creator’s account and wish to switch it to private mode:
- First, select your Profile picture in your Instagram account.
- Then select the top right button and choose the Settings option.
- Then go and Choose the Privacy tab.
- Finally, select the Private account option and turn it on.
How to Hide My Instagram Account from Search
By hiding your account from search results, you will receive fewer random followers. Here are the steps to complete the task:
- Visit your Instagram account to get started.
- Then You have to click on the Profile picture icon and click on the top right button.
- After that, choose Settings.
- Then select the Privacy option.
- Now click on the Private account and Click on the slider to turn it on.
Instagram Private Account
When you set your account to private, only the followers you allow will be able to see your photos and videos.
- Choose the Profile picture icon in your Instagram account.
- Click on the three straight lines button from the top right corner.
- Then simply choose the Settings option.
- Then select the Privacy option.
- And finally, choose the Private account and turn it on.
Private Instagram Viewer
The private Instagram viewer helps you view the accounts of people who are in private mode. You can see their content without revealing your identity.
FAQ: How to Make Your Instagram Private
Is my Instagram private?
You have to check whether your Instagram is private or not by going into the setting and then in the privacy option.
Should You Make Your Instagram Private or Public?
Keeping your Instagram account private or public is entirely your choice. But if you don’t have a business account then you can choose the private option.
Will I Lose Followers If I Make My Instagram Private?
No, you won’t lose followers if you make your Instagram private. Instead, you can choose who you want to follow back and allow them to see your content.
What does a private account mean?
If your Instagram is private then only approved followers will be able to see your content.
Do private Instagrams show up on explore?
If you have a private Instagram account then your content won’t show up on the explore page.
Do you gain more followers on private or public?
If your account is public you would gain more followers because people think about your account as trustworthy.
But if your account is private then you can choose who to follow back or not follow at all.
Can I lock my Instagram?
You lock your account by going to Instagram Settings→Privacy→Private account.
However, now you know exactly how to make your Instagram private. If you are a private person and don’t want to share your every post, reel, and story with everyone, then turning your Instagram account private can be a wise decision.
Please share your thoughts in the comments below.
How Many Hashtags on Instagram (Guide)