Are you aware of the fact that you can listen to your favorite songs or podcasts on YouTube while you are doing something else? Yes, it is pretty much possible.
With a few steps, you will know how to listen to YouTube with the screen off.
How to Listen to YouTube with Screen off Samsung
If you have a Samsung phone and want to listen to Youtube with the screen off, then you should follow these simple steps:
- Go to Google Chrome.
- Search for YouTube.
- Right-click on the three dots present in the top right corner of the screen
- Tap on the desktop site, this will open the tab in a desktop form, click on the video that you want to play.
- Go back to the home screen and drag the notification bar down.
- Then Tap on the play button.
Can I Listen to YouTube with Screen off iPhone
Yes, you definitely can listen to YouTube with screen off on iPhone by following these simple steps:
- Go to Safari.
- Tap on the search bar for YouTube.
- Click on the aA icon present on the Top left corner of the screen
- Choose the request desktop website from the menu.
- Click on the video.
- Press the power button once.
- Again press the power button and the play button will appear on the screen.
How to Listen to YouTube with Screen off iPad
Yes, it is same as what you will do with iPhone, here are the steps to be followed:
- Visit Safari.
- Enter YouTube in the search bar by tapping it.
- In the top left corner of the screen, select the aA icon.
- Select the request desktop option from the menu.
- Click on the video you wish to watch by clicking on it.
- Tap one time on the power button.
- The play button will show up on the screen after you push the power button once more.
How to Play YouTube with Screen off Android App
There are different Android apps which you can use and one of the famous apps is Float Tube.
Here’s how you can use this app:
- Go to the app store.
- Once installed, simply search for a video to play.
- Press play and turn off the screen.
Note: You must grant the app permission to draw over other apps.
How to Listen to YouTube with Screen off with YouTube Premium Subscription
With a YouTube premium subscription, you get the background play feature as well.
Here’s how you can use it:
- Open the YouTube app on your device.
- Click on the profile present on the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to settings.
- Click on background & downloads.
- Tap on background play.
- Select always on and by default videos will play in the background.
Pro Tip- Ensure that you are signed in through a YouTube premium membership account.
How to Listen to YouTube in the Background without the Premium Subscription
Want to listen to YouTube in the background but don’t have YouTube’s premium subscription? No need to worry, here’s how you can experience it just by following these easy steps:
- Go to settings.
- Select apps & notifications and tap on advanced then special app access.
- Click on picture-in-picture.
- Tap on YouTube.
- Click on picture-in-picture.
- Click on Toggle to turn the picture-in-picture on.
FAQs: How to Listen to YouTube with Screen Off
How can I play YouTube with the screen off for free?
If you want to play YouTube with the screen off, just follow these easy steps:
Search for YouTube→ Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen→ Clicking on the desktop site, it opens the tab in a desktop format→ Return to the home screen and drag the notification bar to the bottom→ Then press the play button.
How do I enable floating window on YouTube?
To enable floating window on YouTube, you can follow these quick steps:
Navigate to the settings menu→ Choose apps and notifications advanced special app access→ Select picture-in-picture→ Tap the YouTube picture-in-picture option→ To enable picture-in-picture mode, click Toggle.
How do I enable mini player on YouTube?
Whenever you’re using the YouTube app, when you click the back button or swipe down while watching a video, the Mini player will appear at the bottom of the screen.
As you navigate through the site, the video will continue to play in the Mini player. You can pause the video by using the Mini player controls.
How do I hide the small screen on YouTube?
In order to hide the small screen, you can click the X button at the top-right of the player to dismiss it.
Why does Picture-in-Picture not work on YouTube?
Picture-in-Picture mode for YouTube must be enabled in both YouTube and your phone settings. In this case, manually activating the picture in picture option in YouTube settings and your phone settings may be enough to resolve the problem.
See how simple it is to listen to YouTube with the screen off. Isn’t it? You can multitask by following a few steps where you can do other work while listening to your favorite song or podcast. Let us know if our blog helped you in answering your question or if you have any further queries, you can ask in the comment section below.
How to Remove Account from YouTube (Proven Method)