YouTube is one of the most popular videos streaming apps on any device, including Apple TV. Thus, most people want to have YouTube on their Apple TV. But the process may seem tricky sometimes. So if you’re wondering how to get YouTube on Apple Tv, then we have the answer.
I’m sure this article will resolve most of your queries about YouTube on Apple TV.
Read on to know more.
Apple TV Box
Apple TV box is a pocket-size streaming media device that plugs into your TV and lets you watch your favorite streaming apps. You can connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable and your home’s wifi. Its competitors include Roku and Amazon Fire Stick TV.
Apple TV App Store
A collection of pre-loaded apps is available on the Apple TV home screen. However, you can use the App Store to download, purchase, or browse any additional apps.
But it is important to note that you cannot run apps if you have an older Apple TV model unless your provider offers an iOS app that supports Airplay.
To navigate the App store on your Apple TV:
- Click the Back button on your Apple TV remote and go to the Home screen.
- Scroll down in your Apps until you find the App Store icon; now click on it.
- Now, navigate the App you wish to download.
YouTube on Apple TV Not Working
Since 3 March 2021, 3rd-generation Apple TV models no longer support the YouTube App. If you are seeing a message that says “YouTube is no longer available for Apple TV” whenever you are trying to use the YouTube App, it is because the App is not available for use on your Apple TV model.
However, it is not impossible to watch YouTube on your current model. You can do this by using the Airplay Apple feature. This feature allows you to stream the screen of another Airplay-compatible device.
This can be done in a very few easy steps:
- Connect your Apple TV and iPhone/Ipad to the same wireless network.
- Tap and select ‘Airplay’ and turn it on both devices.
- After you turn on AirPlay on your iPhone/iPad, it will start searching for Apple TV to connect. When it finds your Apple TV, select its name, and now the screens of both devices will be mirrored.
- Now, open the YouTube App on your iPhone or iPad, start playing videos on Youtube, and watch them on your Apple TV.
Does Apple TV 4K Have YouTube?
Apple is always willing to incorporate new trends and technologies in its upcoming devices. And thus they often convince their users into upgrading to newer devices.
So, without any question, Apple TV 4K does have YouTube.
Not just that, but YouTube has also enabled 4K video streaming support for Apple TV 4K at 60 frames per second.
YouTube on Apple TV 4K
Today, Apple TV 4K is a model with the most advanced features.
The procedure to get YouTube on Apple TV 4K is the same across all Apple TV devices. (Follow the steps mentioned under Apple the TV App Store.)
If you’re facing a problem with streaming YouTube on Apple TV 4K, then here’s what you can do:
- If it is a firmware bug, it can be resolved by updating your YouTube app and Apple TV.
- Sometimes the reason could be as trivial as having a poor internet connection.
YouTube on Apple TV 2
YouTube is no longer supported on some of the older Apple TV models, including Apple TV 2. In the case of Apple TV 2, it didn’t have any App store at all. By not having the App Store on the older Apple Tv devices, Apple clearly expects you to upgrade.
However, Airplay is a convenient and certainly most affordable option to stream YouTube on your older Apple TV.
FAQs: How to Get YouTube on Apple TV
Can you use Apple TV for YouTube?
Yes. Apple TV ecosystem supports more than 50 applications including YouTube.
Can you get YouTube TV on older Apple TV?
You can get YouTube on older Apple TV models with the help of Apple’s Airplay feature. This feature mirrors the screen of Apple devices such as iPad Or iPhone to Apple TV.
How do I download YouTube to my Apple TV 3rd generation?
Although YouTube has officially ended support for its YouTube app on Apple TV 3rd generation, you can stream Youtube by using Apple’s Airplay feature.
How to Update Apple TV 1st generation?
The model is now discontinued and does not support OS, thus it is not possible to update the Apple TV 1st generation.
Why does YouTube not work on Apple TV?
Here is a checklist to understand why YouTube might not be working on Apple TV:
- Youtube has withdrawn its YouTube App support from Apple TV. You can fix this by using Apple’s Airplay feature.
- Your wifi is slow or down.
- There are firmware bugs that can be resolved by updating Apple TV and YouTube App.
- Your Apple TV or Youtube needs resetting. Try uninstalling the Youtube App, then reinstalling it again, Or Reset your Apple TV.
Now that you have understood how to get YouTube on Apple TV, you can enjoy watching videos on your favorite video streaming platform.5
If you have any more queries related to this topic, feel free to write in the comments.