Is your Instagram post not visible for the hashtag or in other users’ feeds? Then, it’s possible that your account has been shadowbanned. It is still not confirmed whether the Instagram shadowban is real or not.
Instagram Shadowban means Instagram has hidden your content on their platform. Now your posts won’t show up for the hashtags you’ve entered or in your follower’s feed.
Are you facing the same issue and want to know how to get unshadowbanned on Instagram?
Here’s a quick guide.
How to Get Unshadowbanned on Instagram 2022
Here are possible ways you can get unshadowbanned on Instagram:
- Don’t use banned and blacklisted hashtags. If you have used any banned or blacklisted hashtag in the past then remove them and stop using them in the future. Try and use hashtags that are less popular. This is because hashtags that are very popular and are overused run the risk being shadowed without any prior information.
- Stop using irrelevant hashtags. Use only those hashtags that are related to your content. Also don’t keep on repeating the same hashtag.
- If 3rd party apps are linked to your account, then remove them. Many a times we link 3rd part apps with our account for scheduling, posting or analytics. So unlink all the questionable apps unless they are legitimate.
- Don’t interact on a mass level- like, comment, follow. If you like or comment on hundreds of post or if you follow and unfollow number of users in one day then your account can be shadowed. This is because Instagram might misunderstand you as a bot. So act like a human and not a bot.
- Get in touch with Instagram support. Message the support that you are experiencing issues like the post not showing up or there is decrease in engagement and your brand is getting affected because of this.
Pro Tip: Don’t mention yourself that your account has been shadowbanned.
- Stop posting on Instagram for a week. Many a times it has been observed that the shadowban is lifted up on its own within a week’s time. So take a break from the platform from some time.
Instagram Shadowban Tester 2022
You can check whether or not your account has been shadowbanned through two methods:
- Check the hashtag page. Take a look at the pages of the hashtags that you regularly use. On that page, if you find a message that says recent posts are hidden because the community has reported then its possible that your account has been shadowbanned too for using the same hashtag.
- Check the Instagram Insight. Closely check the percentage of accounts reached metrics. Check and observe if there’s a sudden drop in the engagement on your posts. If yes, then it’s possible that your account has been shadowbanned.
How Long Does Instagram Shadowban Last?
The Instagram shadowban lasts for 14 days. This shadowban isn’t permanent.
However, many users have claimed it to be longer as well.
Banned Hashtags on Instagram (Updated on June 2022)
Here is a list of banned hashtags on Instagram:
Also Read: How to Change Email on Instagram (2022)
How to Get Unshadowbanned on Instagram Reddit
These are the following ways you can get unshadowed on Instagram:
Stop using any automated service or bot
To stop using any automated service, follow these steps-
Open Instagram website on your laptop.
Click on Edit Profile.
Click on Apps and Websites.
If any bot account is there in the Active tab, click on Remove.
Stop using banned hashtags
Remove any banned hashtag that you’ve used in the past and don’t use it in your future as well. If you are not sure whether that hashtag has been banned ot not then go and check the hashtag’s page. If the hashtag is banned then a message stating- “Recent posts from (hashtag name) are currently hidden …” would be displayed at the top.
Stop using Instagram for a few days
It’s been observed that when users haven’t used the platform for 2 days their account has unshowbanned. Anyways, what an opportunity to take a break from social media and feel cleansed!
Comply to Instagram’s rules
In brief, these documents state:
- Share only that content which you’ve created or have permission to share.
- Don’t post misleading content.
- Don’t post inappropriate content.
FAQs: How to Get Unshadowbanned on Instagram (2022 Quick Guide)
How do I get rid of shadowbanned on Instagram?
These are the following ways you can get rid of shadowban on Instagram:
- Stop using irrelevant hashtags.
- Don’t use banned and blacklisted hashtags.
- Don’t interact on a mass level- like, comment, follow.
- If 3rd party apps are linked to your account, then remove them.
- Stop posting on Instagram for a week.
- Get in touch with Instagram support.
How long does shadowban last on Instagram?
The shadowban lasts for 14 days on Instagram. This shadowban isn’t permanent.
Is it possible to get unshadowbanned?
Yes, it is possible to get unshadowbanned.
How do I get Unshadowbanned on Instagram 2022?
- Stop using any automated service or bot.
- Stop using banned hashtags.
- Stop using Instagram for a few days.
- Comply to Instagram’s rules.
- Don’t interact- like, comment, follow many posts and accounts in a day.
- Contact Instagram support for help.
Is Shadow ban permanent on Instagram?
No, the shadowban isn’t permanent. It lasts for 14 days.
Does Instagram permanently shadowban?
No, Instagram never permanently shadowbans a user’s account.
How do I fix shadowban 2022 on Instagram?
- Share posts as per Instagram’s terms and conditions.
- Don’t use unauthorized third party apps.
- Don’t use Instagram pods to increase engagement.
- Don’t use banned hashtag.
- Stop using Instagram for sometime.
- Reach out to Instagram support for help.
- Switch from professional account to personal account.
What causes shadowban on Instagram?
These are the cause of shadowban on Instagram:
- Automated bots violate Instagram’s policies.
- Using too many hashtags.
- Your account getting reported too many times.
- Using a hashtag too many times, Instagram takes it as a broken hashtag and restricts its reach.
- Following and Engaging with too many accounts and pages in a day.
Why did my Instagram views suddenly drop?
Your Instagram views might have suddenly dropped because your account has been shadowbanned. This action is taken by Instagram without any prior information to the user.
How do I know if I’m shadowbanned on Instagram?
The best way is to ask your friend if your post is visible on their feed and for a particular hashtag or not.
Pro Tip: Use a rare hashtag or make one of your own to check out your visibility.
How do you know if you’re banned from Instagram?
Post a new content on instagram using an intended hashtag
Ask your friends to find your post in recent posts for that hashtag.
If they are able to find it, then your account is not shadowbanned else it is.
Pro Tip: Don’t go to your profile to search hashtags and see if you show up or not. Your post will be visible for these hashtags whether or not you are shadowbanned.
What does shadow band mean?
Instagram Shadowban means Instagram has hidden your content on their platform. Now your posts won’t show up for the hashtag’s you’ve entered or in your follower’s feed.
We hope we answered your query of how to get unshadowbanned on Instagram.
Now you can find out whether or not your account has been shadownanned.
For all tech-related updates, keep visiting True Tech Journal. This is one place you will find all your answers.
How to Find Contacts on Instagram (2022)
How to Get More Views on Instagram