Live streaming has become a very important means of engaging with your audience. You may communicate, engage, and reach more people worldwide by live streaming an event.
YouTube live streaming enables professionals to share or connect with subscribers, service marketing, live announcements, and online classes. Streaming live events online can be useful and powerful in a variety of scenarios.
If you are curious about how to start your first live streaming online, then you are in the right place. This article gives you a comprehensive guide on how to enable live streaming on YouTube.
So, let’s get started!
How to Enable Live Streaming on YouTube 2022
Live streaming is a very important feature used by many YouTubers nowadays. You can start live streaming your video from your phone or computer.
Live streaming on your Android/iOS would take very few steps as shown below:
- Open the YouTube App on your phone.
- Click on Create+ and then tap on Go Live.
- To start with your first streaming, you may have to wait for 24 hours.
To live stream on your Android phone, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You should have at least 50 subscribers.
- You should not have any live streaming restrictions for the past 90 days on your channel.
- You have to verify your account using the verification code sent to your phone number.
- You may have to wait for a period of 24 hours to enable your first live stream.
- An Android 5.0+ device is a must.
How to Enable Live Streaming on YouTube PC
Live streaming on your PC is very helpful if you are looking for organizing live events like webinars, live podcasts with one or multiple guests, and gaming videos
Just like live streaming on your phone, your PC live streaming is possible by taking the actions below:
- Open the YouTube app on your desktop.
- On the top right corner, click Create and click on Go Live.
- You have to verify your account as the next step.
- Just like live streaming on your phone, you may have to wait for 24 hours before starting your first live streaming.
Once your channel gets enabled for live streaming, you can start with your live streaming:
- Webcam streaming is compatible with Chrome 60+ and Firefox 53+.
- If it is your first live stream, we recommend you test with a private group.
- Once you have clicked on the Go Live option, select WebCam from the left.
- Select a privacy setting and enter your title and description.
- You can also schedule your live streaming by selecting the date and time.
- Your default setting for the age group between 13-17 is private and for more than 18 it is public. These are the default options.
- Click on More and Advance Settings for more options.
- Click Next and take a thumbnail for your video.
- Check and make sure your microphone and camera settings are correct.
- Click on Go Live.
- Once your live streaming is over, you can click on End Stream.
- All your live videos in less than 12 hours will be automatically archived. You can access it from the Live Tab option.
- You can manage your live stream, likes and tags, comments, monetization, and more by clicking on Edit. Changing these settings later is always possible.
Live Streaming Is Not Enabled on the Selected YouTube Channel
Your channel is not enabled for live streaming because of one of the following issues:
- Your daily live stream capacity is over. You have 24 hours to try again.
- You have received a Community Guidelines strike against your channel.
- You have a global block on your live stream or the archive stream.
- You have received a copyright takedown for your live stream or the archive stream.
- Your live stream is similar to a previous copyright live stream.
- Your live streaming is not enabled when most features of your channel are disabled.
To check for any strikes, or whether you currently have access to live streaming click here.
YouTube Terms to Enable Live Streaming PS4
To set up a game stream on PS4, follow these simple steps:
- Get the game you wish to stream going.
- Press the controller’s share button. Tap the button once; don’t hold it down.
- Go to the Broadcast Gameplay menu.
- Choose YouTube as the streaming platform on the Broadcast Gameplay page.
- Select your video options before you start broadcasting. You can select your video quality and give the stream a title, for instance.
- You may even put a live video of yourself in the stream by installing your PlayStation.
- Go to the Start Broadcasting menu, you are now streaming on YouTube
- Select Stop Broadcasting to stop.
FAQ: How to Enable Live Streaming on YouTube
What is the eligibility for live streaming on YouTube?
You must validate your channel and haven’t had any live streaming restrictions in the last 90 days in order to live stream. You may have to wait a period of 24 hours in case it’s your first live streaming.
Can I live stream on YouTube without 1000 subscribers?
Yes, you can live stream on YouTube without 1000 subscribers from a computer. You can also live stream from your phone but, your video might get limited to fewer viewers and archived to private by default.
Why does it take 24 hours to activate YouTube live?
You may have to wait for 24 hours to activate Youtube live. This is YouTube’s policy to prevent spam or scam accounts.
Does YouTube pay for live streaming?
Yes, you can monetize your YouTube live streams by enabling ads and Superchats. Superchat is a feature where your fans pay you for highlighting their comments. Channel memberships also are also a way of monetizing your live videos.
How can I stream without 50 subscribers?
You should have a minimum of 50 subscribers to enable live streaming on YouTube. With below 50 subscribers, YouTube live streaming is not possible.
We hope this article could solve your doubts about how to enable live streaming on YouTube. Let us know your experience in the comment section below.