Are you wondering if you can disable Restricted Mode on your own on YouTube so that you can explore more on YouTube? Whether for entertainment purposes or educational purposes, you can disable the Restricted Mode of videos on YouTube.
In this article, we will provide you with all the steps that How to disable Restricted Mode on YouTube.
How to Disable Restricted Mode on YouTube on iPhone
In iPhone, Restricted Mode is a very helpful feature for blocking mature content or unnecessary content. You can also use it as a benefit of limiting content for your educational purpose. With the help of this feature, you can also prevent your kids from watching mature videos on YouTube.
But then how will you disable restricted mode on the iPhone? You need to follow these steps:
1. Update your YouTube in your Apple store.
2. Open the YouTube app.
3. Tap on your Profile picture at the top-right.
4. Click on the Settings button.
5. You will find an option for Restricted Mode and a blue color slider next to it.
6. Toggle the blue slider to disable the Restricted Mode.
How to Turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube Android?
If you are using YouTube on an Android device, disable Restricted Mode in the following method:
- Log in/Sign in to the YouTube app.
- Tap on more in the top right corner
- In YouTube Settings, click on General.
- Disable Restricted Mode at the bottom of the menu.
How to Disable Restricted Mode on YouTube on the Computer?
If you are using YouTube on your computer, follow these steps to disable Restricted Mode on your computer:
1. Open your browser. Search YouTube.com in the search bar.
2. Log in/sign into your YouTube account.
3. Now, tap on your Profile icon located in the top-right corner.
4. At the bottom of the menu there will be a Restricted Mode button. Click on Restricted mode.
5. There will be a blue switch next to Restricted Mode, swipe it to deactivate.
YouTube Restricted Mode Won’t Turn off
Sometimes YouTube is unable to turn off Restricted Mode. If you are still not able to disable Restricted Mode by following the steps given above in the article then,
You should contact your Admin.
- Log out of your YouTube account and reboot your device.
- You should clear the cache of your YouTube application.
- Close all the Background programs on your device.
How to Turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube Network Administrators?
Sometimes, a network administrator sets the restricted mode, he may be the person or any organization that works on the network you are using, such as public Wi-Fi. If you are using any private network, your router’s DNS settings, installed browser extensions, or cookies may be preventing the changes. But you can check your settings in the following way:
In your browser settings, disable all the add-ons.
- Click on the three dots in the right of the corner
- Click on Settings in the menu
- At the bottom of the left-hand menu, choose Extensions.
- Toggle the blue sliders on the extensions and turn them grey.
- To clear your browser cache in Privacy and Security, find the tools in your Chrome browser settings.
- Tap Clear browsing data. Select All time.
- Make sure the SafeSearch feature provided by Google Chrome in the Search Settings is disabled.
- In Google, go to the Settings option.
- Click Search Settings.
- Find turning off SafeSearch.
- Make sure that your firewall and router do not have any parental controls otherwise, it would quash your YouTube settings.
Note: If the steps given in the article don’t work, you need to consider using a VPN to overcome the restrictions. If you are using a device given to you for education or learning purposes you may not bypass your restrictions. The person providing the network can determine these settings, not your account.
How to Disable Restricted Mode on YouTube Chromebook?
Nowadays, YouTube has become one of the biggest and most well-known Google service apps. On this platform, you can watch music videos, short videos, tutorials, and product feedback. This has become a well-known source for kids to watch gaming streams and videos for entertainment purposes. Many times you are unable to watch videos as they are restricted.
To watch those videos on your Chromebook, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your YouTube on your Chromebook
- Tap on your profile photo, on the right side of the corner of YouTube
- Swipe down to reach the Restricted mode button.
- Turn off the Restricted mode by sliding the blue slider.
How to Turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube Comments?
If you have enabled restricted mode on your device in the past, you will not be able to see comments on that video. Sometimes the system administrator enables a restricted mode to have parental control on your device.
Open the YouTube app, select the profile icon > open settings > restricted mode > toggle blue slider.
By turning off Restricted Mode you’ll be able to see hidden comments on all the videos.
FAQs: How to Disable Restricted Mode on YouTube
How do I Change the Restricted Mode on YouTube Administrator?
You can change Restricted Mode in YouTube settings by clicking the profile icon you will find the Restricted Mode option at the bottom of the menu.
Why Can’t I Disable Restricted Mode on YouTube?
Your YouTube might have parental control by your Family link or the wifi network provider on your device. Another reason behind this is you might be working on your school computer.
Why is my YouTube in Restricted Mode?
This feature allows better control of the content you watch on YouTube. The Restricted mode intentionally limits your content on YouTube to prevent you from unnecessary content.
How do I Watch Age Restricted Videos on YouTube?
If you are under 18 you will not be able to watch age-restricted videos on YouTube. Watch them follow the steps given in this article on 18+ accounts.
Why is my YouTube on iPhone Restricted Mode?
These features restrict the type of web content you can watch when your device is connected to their mobile network. Ensure YouTube content restrictions are enabled for your network here. You have to enable your content filtering if your DNS restrictions are set to moderate or strict.
YouTube offers this feature to allow parental control for kids by a system administrator and to limit your interest in videos to prevent you from watching mature content. Many people activate the Restricted Mode feature but then wonder about how to disable it.
In this article, you will find all the methods how to disable Restricted Mode on YouTube. If you have any suggestions please come down!!