YouTube is one of the fastest-growing platforms and being an advanced YouTuber you might be aware of the importance of uploading the best content in your video. But there might be an urgent need to delete the video. If it’s the wrong video you just uploaded or might be lacking some editing. Now what? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Let me help you with how to delete a YouTube video in this step-by-step guide.
How to Delete YouTube Videos on Computer
You can remove, delete, or hide videos from your YouTube channel. Once deleted, it’s lost permanently. You can’t recover it through YouTube.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to deleting a Youtube video:
1. Sign in to YouTube with your username and password.
2. Click on the 3 parallel lines, in the top left corner.
3. Next click on My Channel from the drop-down list then click on Video Manager.
4. A list of videos will appear. Check the box next to the video you want to delete and then click on Actions.
5. Select Delete to remove the video. If you want to hide it, click on Private or Unlisted.
Pro tip: make a copy of the video and save it to your hard drive so you can access it later. Once deleted, you can never restore the video.
Now let’s see how you can do this on android.
How to Delete YouTube Videos on Android
Simply follow these steps to delete videos on your Android device:
1. Launch the YouTube app.
2. Click on the profile icon at the top right corner.
3. Click on Your Channel.
4. From the top menu bar, select Videos.
5. Select the video to be deleted and then click the 3 dots next to it.
6. Click Delete.
7. Click Delete again in the notification box that pops up.
How to Delete YouTube Videos on the iPhone
iPhone users can also do it quickly in a simple five-step process.
1. Access your YouTube account.
2. Tap Library and then Your Videos.
3. Select the video you want to delete.
4. Click the 3 dots next to the video and then tap Delete.
5. Confirm the deletion by checking the notification box again.
Note: Once deleted, the video URL and title will no longer be visible or searchable in YouTube Analytics. Data associated with watch time will always be a part of the aggregate report but will not be attributed to the deleted video.
Now let’s see how to delete youtube video history.
Delete YouTube Video History
Deleting a video history is quite easy. Here’s how you can delete your YouTube history.
1. In the browser, sign in to your account.
2. On the left sidebar, select History.
3. To delete your current history on YouTube, click clear all watch history.
4. Click on Manage all history to delete history for a certain period of time.
5. Select Delete activity and select the time period.
1. Launch the YouTube application.
2. Go to your profile picture in the top right-hand corner.
3. Go to Settings.
4. Click History & Privacy.
5. Click Clear Watch History to clear your history.
FAQs: How to Delete YouTube Videos
Why can’t I delete my video on YouTube?
You can always delete a video if you are the owner of the video. Simply sign in to your YouTube account → My channel→Video Manager→a list of videos will appear →mark the video you want to delete→Actions→Select the Delete option to delete the video forever.
How do I get rid of unwanted videos on my YouTube homepage?
YouTube always tracks user behavior to recommend videos that you might like. But you can always get rid of this by
Deleting YouTube cookies→ Clearing your browser’s cache→ pausing YouTube watch history and search history→Train your YouTube to recognize your viewing habits.
Does YouTube charge for deleting videos?
No, YouTube never charges any money for deleting videos. However, your overall views might be affected if you delete a video.
How do I remove a video from my YouTube playlist?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to removing videos from a YouTube playlist:
Go to YouTube’s playlist collection → Select the playlist you want to remove→Click on the Edit Playlist→ it will display the list of videos on the playlist→ click on the three dots on the right of the video→ Select “Remove From”. Your video is successfully deleted from the playlist.
Now I believe you know, how to delete youtube video on different devices. However, remember that deleted videos can’t be fixed and can not be searched or viewed. It might even have an effect on the views on your channel.
So, be mindful!
If you have further queries share them in the comments. And, we will answer them for you.
Share your views below.