If you wish to browse without your search records being accumulated or need to minimize the quantity of information YouTube collects about you, this may be actually performed by making a few modifications to your settings.
So, go through this complete manual to realize how to delete Youtube search history from different devices.
How to Delete YouTube Search History on Computer
Here’s a step-by-step guide to follow:
1. Open the YouTube website on your computer.
2. Sign in to the account for which you want to clear your search history.
3. Select the menu item with 3 parallel lines in the upper left corner.
4. From the menu drop-down, select history.
5. On the next page, select Search History.
6. A list of your searches will appear.
7. Click the ‘x button on the keyboard to clear a single selected item from the history.
8. To delete your entire history, click on “clear all search history.”
9. To confirm the deletion, click clear all search history on the confirmation note that appears.
10. Your search history is deleted now.
Now as we understand how to delete search history manually, let’s look at how to do it automatically.
How to Automatically Delete YouTube Search History
Deleting search history each time can be inconvenient. Here’s how you automate the deletion of your search history after a certain time period:
1. Log in to your Google Account.
2. In the top left panel, select Data & Personalization.
3. Choose Activity Control. Follow the link myactivity.google.com to directly go to activity control without going to your Google Account.
4. Under YouTube history, click “Auto delete.”
5. Select whether you want to delete your history every three months or every 18 months.
6. To confirm your preference, click Next, then Confirm. Anything older than 18 months will be deleted immediately after notification from Google.
7. You’re done!
How to Delete YouTube History on Android
Here’s a step-by-step guide to deleting your search history from your phone:
1. Open the YouTube app on your phone.
2. In the top right corner, tap the profile icon.
3. Scroll down and select “Settings.”
4. Select “history and privacy.”
5. Click “clear search history” to delete all your search items.
6. And you’re done.
Search history can also be deleted from iPhone let’s see how.
How to Delete YouTube Search History on iPhone
Follow the steps below to delete search history on iPhone:
1. Launch the YouTube application.
2. Go to the main menu or the profile icon in the top right corner.
3. Choose your options.
4. Scroll down and click on “clear search history.”
5. In the pop-up, tap the clear search history button to confirm deleting your history.
Now that we know how to delete search history, let’s understand how to pause it.
How do you delete what you searched on youtube
To delete individual searches from your search history while logged into your account:
- Tap Search
- Long press on suggested search results in the history icon. Moreover.
- In the popup, tap Delete.
How to Pause YouTube Search History
Clearing history over and over may be inconvenient to save your searches from being tracked by YouTube. So, there’s a better choice you may pick out to store your searches by pausing your records. Here’s how you may do it:
1. Start your YouTube app.
2. Then go to “profile.”
3. Click on “Settings.”
4. Scroll down and click on “history and privacy.”
5. Tap on YouTube history and then toggle the blue switch to permanently disable your YouTube history.
Note: Searches you do after pausing your search history will not be saved in your search history.
How to Delete YouTube Search History on TV
You can even access your YouTube search history and delete it from your smart TV. This is how you can do it:
1. Turn on your smart TV.
2. Navigate to the Apps menu and select YouTube.
3. Click on the 3 parallel lines in the upper left corner.
4. Choose the settings.
5. Click on “History.”
6. Click “clear search history” to delete it.
FAQs: How to Delete Search History
Can you delete searches on YouTube?
Yes, you can tap and hold the search query with the history icon next to it. Then click on Remove Search from the pop-up that appears.
Can I delete all my YouTube history at once?
Yes, one can click can go to the YouTube app, then go to settings and then click on history and privacy, and click clear search history or clear watch history.
Why can’t I clear my YouTube watch history?
You can easily clear your watch history by going to the Library tab →clicking on History→ click the more option (3 dots) next to the video you want to delete→click Remove from Watch history.
How do you delete activity on YouTube?
In the top left corner, tap on the 3 parallel lines →menu appears→ click Data & Personalization→click Activity control on the list→click YouTube history next → click Auto delete→Click confirm in the bottom right pop-up to confirm the auto-delete activity choice.
Is your search history really deleted?
No, your browser history is never private and it still remains available on Google even after deleting it.
Who can see my search history?
There are quite a few people or institutions who can view your search history. They are:
- Providers of Internet Access
- Network Administrators for Wi-Fi
- Computer operating systems
- Internet sites
- Internet Search Engine
Can my search history be tracked?
Now I believe you are familiar with how to delete youtube search history. By following the steps above, you’ll be geared up to edit every aspect of your YouTube search history to suit your needs. You’ll also use the thoughts for the duration of this article to induce your current interests and undue searches you possibly did years ago.
Comment your views below.