Owning a YouTube channel is great. But there may be times when you don’t need to maintain your channel or are certain to delete it. There may be adequate reasons for it like not enough engagement or views or any other.
In this blog post, you’ll learn how to delete youtube channel.
How to Delete Your YouTube Channel
Here’s a step-by-step guide to deleting your YouTube channel:
- Log in to your YouTube Studio with the channel you want to delete.
- In the top right corner, click your account and then YouTube settings.
- Select channel then Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Remove YouTube Content. You’ll be asked to sign in again.
- Select I want to permanently delete my account.
- Select the boxes to confirm deleting your content or channel.
- Select Delete my content.
After the deletion of the channel, all the data will be part of the aggregate report but will not be shown in the deleted account. No users will be able to find the channel through its name or URL.
How to Hide YouTube Channel
If you don’t want to delete your channel permanently or want to re-enable it later you can choose to hide your YouTube channel. Everything related to your channel will be private including name, videos, and subscriptions. Your comments and likes will be permanently deleted.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Log in to your YouTube Studio.
- In the top right corner, click your account then YouTube settings
- Select channel then Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Remove YouTube Content. Being asked to sign in again. (This will link to a page where you will be asked to delete or hide your content).
- Select I want to hide my content.
- Select the boxes to confirm hiding your channel.
- Select hide my channel.
Remember Here you can re-enable your channel after hiding it anytime.
Now let’s see how to delete the youtube channel on phone.
How to Delete YouTube Channel On Phone 2021
Deleting YouTube Channel from android in 5 easy steps:
- You can either go to your YouTube page, scroll to the bottom, and click Delete Channel. Or you can open the app on your phone, and tap on the profile picture on the right.
- Select Your Channel and then Help and Feedback.
- Hit the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
- From the drop-down list select Delete Channel.
- Confirm the delete.
How to Delete YouTube Channel from iPhone
iPhone users can also delete their YouTube channel in a jiffy. Here’s how:
- First, open YouTube on your iPhone and log in to the channel you want to delete.
- Next, tap on the top right and select Settings.
- Click Manage Account on the menu.
- Click the Close Account option shown on the right-hand side.
- A confirmation note pops up saying the account has been removed, and you are automatically logged out.
FAQs: How to Delete YouTube Channel
Can you delete a YouTube channel?
Yes, you can permanently delete a youtube channel.
How do I delete my YouTube account without deleting my Google Account?
YouTube is a different service from Google. So, deleting your YouTube account doesn’t affect your Google Account.
How do I delete an account on Google?
To delete your Google Account
Go to Data and Privacy →select More Option → then Delete Google Account.
How to delete YouTube videos from my phone 2022
A step-by-step guide to deleting YouTube videos on phone:
Sign in to YouTube → Library Section → My Videos → More Option →tap on Delete.
After deleting your video, the URL and title will not be visible or searchable in YouTube Analytics.
How do I remove my youtube account from other devices
To remove access or delete from other devices:
Open Google Permissions→Select any device like YouTube on TV or Phone →
Select Remove Access.
Why do I have 2 YouTube accounts?
This is because in a recent YouTube update your channel was connected to a Brand Account. You can have more than 1 account from the same Gmail.
Pro Tip: Deleting your YouTube channel doesn’t lead to the deletion of your Google account. You can start a new YouTube channel with the same email.
Now I think it’s clear how to delete youtube channel but remember, it may take some time to delete your channel. In the short term, you may see thumbnails for your channel on the site.
After the deletion, none of your data will be attributed to the deleted channel, and your channel ID or URL will not be visible or searchable in YouTube Analytics. All your data will be lost.
Comment below to share your views.