YouTube a popular video-sharing and social media platform, has a wide reach all across the world. It has an active base of 2.6 billion users. It is one of the most influential social media platforms and the second-largest search engine after Google.
It is a user-friendly platform and provides many features. One of the most important and useful features of YouTube is creating and maintaining a playlist. Let’s discuss how to delete playlist on youtube in this article.
Playlists are a great way to organize your videos. However, these playlists can sometimes go out of control or you might no longer need them.
How to Delete YouTube Playlist on Android
Here you get to know how to delete one of your saved playlists from YouTube, using Android.
Follow the steps below:
- Open the YouTube app on your android.
- Click the Library tab in the bottom right corner.
- Find the playlist you want to delete under the Playlist heading on your Library page.
- Select and tap the playlist you want to delete.
- Click the 3 dots icon on the top right corner of the selected playlist.
- A drop-down list appears from the list click Delete playlist.
- Tap OK on the confirmation pop-up.
- That’s it! Your playlist is deleted now.
Pro tip: Deleting a video from a playlist or deleting the whole playlist doesn’t restrict you from watching the same videos on YouTube.
This can also be done on iPhone too. Let’s see how.
How to Delete Playlist on YouTube iPhone
iPhone users can also delete a youtube playlist in a jiffy. There are two ways to do it. Let’s see how
Method 1: From your Library
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Library icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select the playlist you want to delete.
- Tap the Delete icon at the top of the screen next to the share icon.
- Click OK in the pop-up to confirm the deletion of your playlist.
- Your playlist is deleted now.
Method 2: From your Channel
- Open the YouTube app.
- Tap the profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select My Channel the first option at the top of the screen.
- Tap Created playlist below the uploads section. A page with all your playlist opens.
- Tap the 3 dots on the right of the playlist you want to delete.
- Tap Delete.
- Click OK on the confirmation pop-up.
Note: You can’t delete the liked video playlist.
Next, we can learn how to delete playlists on a PC.
How to Delete Playlist on YouTube PC
YouTube playlists can also be deleted from a computer or pc it depends on the convenience one feels while doing it via computer or mobile.
Here’s how the youtube playlist can be deleted on PC:
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- Click on the Library icon on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Scroll down to find the playlist you want to delete.
- Click View the full playlist at the bottom of the playlist you want to delete.
- Click on the 3 dots on the left of the screen to find a drop-down menu.
- Tap Delete playlist.
- Confirm OK on the pop-up to delete the playlist.
How do I remove saved videos from YouTube playlist
To remove specific videos from your playlist, follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube Studio app.
- From the bottom menu, tap Content.
- Select the video you want to remove from your playlist.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap a playlist to uncheck the box next to the playlist name. Tap Done.
- Tap Save.
Can’t Delete Playlist on YouTube
Here’s what you can do:
- Open the YouTube Studio app.
- Select the playlist from the bottom menu.
- Choose the playlist you want to delete.
- Tap Edit.
- From the options click Delete Playlist.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion of the playlist.
FAQs: How to Delete Playlist on YouTube
How do you permanently delete a playlist?
Deleting a playlist is quite easier than it seems. To delete a playlist first go to the Library section and then click on the playlist you want to delete under the “Playlist” section. Next tap on More or 3 dots in the playlist. Tap Delete playlist and then click OK.
How do you delete multiple Playlists on YouTube?
You cannot delete multiple Playlists at once. You can do this can create a folder and adding all the playlists you want to delete, and then deleting the folder at once. This can be done and works fine.
How do I delete a playlist on YouTube 2022?
Go to the Playlist section in the Library tab click on 3 dots next to the playlist you want to delete, and from the drop-down menu select Delete Playlist.
How do you clean up YouTube?
To clean up your YouTube, delete your search history and watch history. This may show the latest recommendations and you might come across fresh videos.
How do I delete my YouTube library?
Go to the Library tab. Tap on the playlist you want to delete under the playlist section. Click Delete and then OK.
Now you may be confident and know how to delete playlist on youtube. You may delete a playlist for many reasons. Deleting a playlist is not a daunting task as it seems. It’s quite easy to do.
The title and URL of the playlist you deleted might no longer be available or searchable in YouTube Analytics. Data associated with the playlist may be part of the aggregate report, but won’t be attributed to the delete.
Comment down your views below.