Stories are a powerful feature of Instagram, which keeps us on top of others’ profile feeds.
Instagram Stories can also be discovered through the explore feature. It means that someone who doesn’t follow you on Instagram can view your IG Stories.
Before posting, you must ensure that you post the best version of the story.
Sometimes it happens that you need to delete it after posting. Obviously, this will lead to our question, how to delete a story on Instagram
This guide will teach you simple and proven methods.
Let’s get started!
How to Delete a Story on Instagram 2022
Once the action is taken, your Instagram Stories will be deleted and cannot be viewed by anyone. Let’s take a quick look at how it works:
- Click on Open Story to open your story.
- Press More in the bottom-right corner.
- Now click on Delete.
- After that, confirm that you want to delete the Instagram story.
How to Delete Instagram Story after 24 Hours
After 24 hours, the Instagram story will delete automatically from the Feed until and unless you have saved it as a Highlight.
All stories will be saved in the Archive in your profile. You can also delete the story from the Archive section as well.
How to Delete Instagram Story Highlights
Follow these steps for quick action:
- Click on Story Highlights in your Instagram profile.
- Select and long-press the IG Story you wish to delete.
- Finally, click on the Delete button.
How to Delete Instagram Post
Follow this step-by-step guide:
- Open your Instagram app and click to open your profile.
- Locate the post or photo you wish to delete.
- Click the three horizontal dots at the top-right of the screen.
- Next, press Delete.
- Finally, click Delete again to confirm.
Also Read: How to View Instagram without an Account (Easy Hack)
If I Delete an Instagram Story Will It Stay In My Archive
In case you delete your story before 24 hours, it won’t be saved in your Archive.
But in normal instances, when the story stays for 24 hours, then it will be saved in the Archive.
Instagram Delete Story Recovery
The steps are as follows:
- In the bottom right, click on your profile picture.
- Press in the top right, then tap Your activity.
- Click on Recently deleted.
- Select the photo, video, or story you’d like to restore.
- In the top right, click on three dots.
- Finally, tap Restore to profile.
How to Delete Story Facebook
In order to get started, follow these simple steps:
- Click on your Story at the top of the News Feed.
- Tap to find the photo or video you want to delete.
- Tap in the top right.
- Tap Delete a photo or Delete a video.
Also Read: How To Add Files To Facebook Group (Step By Step Guide)
How to Delete a Story Snapchat
The steps are as follows:
- Open Snapchat
- Click on your profile icon.
- After that tap on My Story.
- Then swipe up the story you want to delete.
- Click on the trash symbol at the bottom of the screen.
Also Read: How To Get Verified On Snapchat? (Practical Method)
FAQ: How to Delete a Story on Instagram
Can You Delete an Instagram Story before 24 Hours?
Yes, you can delete a story before 24 hours. Then it will not be saved in the Archive.
Why is my Instagram story not deleting after 24 hours?
Sometimes it happens that your private stories remain to live for an extra day. This might occur if your cache data is outdated and misconfigured. So clear it first.
How Do You Delete Multiple Instagram Stories?
Posts, Stories, IGTV, Reels, comments, likes, story sticker reactions, etc. can be deleted or archived by users through your activity tab on their profile.
How Do I Edit a Story on Instagram?
There is no way to edit a story on Instagram. You can opt for any of the two alternatives mentioned below:
- Save the story to camera roll and upload it again.
- In Highlight valley, you can edit your story. The story must be saved in Highlights and then you can edit.
What Happens When You Delete a Story?
The story that is deleted before 24 hours, will go into the Recently deleted folder and will not save in the Archive. It will remain there for 24 hours.
How Long Do Stories Stay in Archive?
For 24 hours, stories will remain in the Archive.
Why Can’t I Delete Instagram Story?
The issue can be resolved by restarting the phone and clearing the cache.
Can Anyone See My Story after I Delete It?
In case someone happened to be viewing the story while you deleted it, it won’t disappear from their screen right away, but they won’t be able to view it again.
It can be viewed by anyone if it is in Highlight.
Is It Bad to Delete Stories on Instagram?
Deleting stories will create a bad impression on your followers.
According to the Instagram algorithm, users are recommended content based on their previous interactions and many other factors.
With this guide, you’ll be able to easily get to know how to delete a story on Instagram.
Try it out.
If you encounter any issues, feel free to contact us.
How to Delete Instagram Account without Password 2022