Nowadays, a lot of people choose to deactivate their Instagram accounts in order to free up time for other activities in their daily lives. Also, if you want to take better care of your mental health, deactivating your Instagram account for a while may be a good idea.
Now, the problem is that you have no idea How to deactivate Instagram account on iPhone? Well, we are here to help you out by giving you direct and easy steps to follow:
How to Deactivate Instagram Account on iPhone 2022
Deactivating your Instagram account temporarily can be a good way to take a break from social media and focus on other things. Follow the below steps to deactivate your account:
- Press on your profile icon.
- Press the three straight line button on the top right corner.
- Press on the Setting options.
- Press the Account option.
- Press Delete Account at the bottom.
- Press Deactivate the account and click on the drop-down menu option and answer why are you deactivating your account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click on deactivate your account.
Pro tip: Remember that once you deactivate your account, you will no longer be able to see your feed posts, stories, or other content unless you reactivate it.
How to Deactivate Instagram Account on Android
- Go to instagram.com from your mobile browser.
- Log into your Instagram account and go to the profile icon.
- Go to Edit Profile.
- Go down and click on Deactivate my account.
- Choose an option from the drop-down and answer why are you deactivating your account?
- Re-enter the password.
- Finally, click Deactivate my account.
How to Deactivate Instagram Account from Phone
- Go to your Instagram Settings then go to the Help Center tab.
- Go to Manage my account and then Delete my account.
- Select Deactivate your Instagram account.
- Click on the drop-down menu of deactivate from mobile and Log in again from the instagram.com mobile browser.
- Go to the profile icon and click on Edit Profile.
- Click on Deactivate my account.
- Answers the question of why are you deactivating your account.
- Re-enter your password and click on Deactivate your account.
Delete Instagram Account Link
- Tab on Profile picture and go to Settings.
- Tab on the Account option and select Delete account.
- Tab on the continue on deleting my account.
- Click on the drop-down menu and answer why you want to delete your account?
- Re-enter your password and press yes to Delete your account.
Instagram Delete Account
If you delete your Instagram account, you can’t get your data back. Below are the steps to deleting your account:
- Open your Profile picture and go to Settings.
- Click on the Account option and then click on Delete account.
- Select continue by clicking on deleting my account.
- Tap on the drop-down menu and answer why you want to delete your account?
- To delete your account, enter your password again and click Yes.
FAQ: How to Deactivate Instagram Account on iPhone
How do I deactivate my Instagram account on my phone temporarily?
You can deactivate your account on Instagram temporarily by following these simple steps:
Go to profile→Edit Profile→Temporarily deactivate my account.
How long can I deactivate my Instagram?
You can keep your account deactivated for as long as possible and reactivate it again anytime you want.
How can I delete my Instagram account in 7 days?
You can deactivate your Instagram account for a week. You have to log into your account again within a week and decide if you want to continue using Instagram or deactivate it again.
Why can’t I delete my Instagram account?
If you are unable to delete your Instagram account you can always go to your profile icon→Settings→Help Centre→insert query in the search box→follow the instructions given by the Instagram Help Center.
What happens when you deactivate Instagram?
If you deactivate your Instagram account you won’t have access to your profile, posts, and videos. But you will have an option to reactivate it within a week.
Can you get your Instagram back after deactivating it?
After deactivating Instagram, you can reactivate it. Deactivating your account takes a day, so if you wish to reactivate it again, wait at least 24 hours.
Is it safe to deactivate Instagram?
Yes, it is safe if you decide to deactivate your account. You can reactivate your account again when you want to. Your photos, posts, videos, and likes will be hidden from everyone until you allow them again.
ShouId I deactivate my Instagram?
Deactivating your account is up to you. Taking a break from Instagram can be a great way to focus more on your inner self and your surroundings.
If you want to focus better and spend more time connecting with yourself, deactivating your Instagram account may be a good idea. This will not only give you time to reflect on things you’ve been putting off for a while, but it will also help you take better care of your overall health.
Please address any additional questions in the comments section.
How to Switch Back to a Personal Account on Instagram