YouTube Premium, formerly known as YouTube Red, is a subscription version that offers ad-free versions of all videos on the site, exclusive original content, and a few other features, such as downloads.
Despite these benefits, you might feel that paid subscriptions are not worth it because of the high cost, especially if you work all day and have little time to watch videos, and your phone’s battery gets drained because you have to keep the screen on.
So, if you want to know how to cancel YouTube subscription, read on.
You know the ads are annoying, but you’re okay to watch with ads. So, it doesn’t seem justified to pay extra money to get rid of some ads and play videos while the app is minimized.
How do I cancel my YouTube channel subscription?
Unsubscribe from the youtube channel
- Log in to YouTube.
- Go to the video you want to unsubscribe from.
- Tap Subscribed below the video player. to withdraw. You will see a notification at the bottom of your screen confirming that you have opted out.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on Phone
These are a few easy steps to follow and cancel YouTube premium on a phone:
- Open YouTube on your phone.
- Hit on your Profile Picture and select Paid membership.
- Tap on the Membership.
- Click on your Reason for canceling.
- Hit on Next.
- Hit on Yes and cancel it.
YouTube Paid Membership Cancel
It may be wise to cancel if you’re not using YouTube’s paid membership features. Here’s how you can do it:
- Click on your Profile Picture.
- Hit on the Membership.
- Tap on the Continue button to cancel.
- Pick your Reason for canceling.
- Tap on Next.
- Hit on Yes and Cancel.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone and want to cancel your YouTube Premium account from there, the steps are slightly different. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings in the YouTube app.
- Tap on your Apple ID Profile Name.
- Find the Subscription.
- Check all the Active Subscriptions and manage them.
- Click on Cancel Subscription.
- Confirm the Cancel option.
- Click on Done to save the changes.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium Free Trial 2022
If you subscribe to a free trial then you can view everything on the site like ad-free videos, background play, YouTube Music Premium, and Youtube Originals for 1 month.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Tap your YouTube Profile Picture.
- Then, select Settings.
- Click on Subscriptions.
- And tap on Manage and below Active Subscriptions.
- Find YouTube Premium.
- Hit on Cancel Trial.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on Android
Follow these easy steps to cancel your YouTube Premium on Android devices:
- Click on your Profile picture.
- Then click on Paid Memberships.
- Hit on the Membership you want to cancel.
- Press the Continue button to cancel.
- Select Reason and tap Next.
- Hit on Yes, and then Cancel.
How to Cancel YouTube Music Subscription
YouTube Music uses Google’s algorithms to tailor playlists to your interests and help you discover new artists. Not only do we support these features with ads, but we also support paid memberships that remove these ads and allow you to download tracks and listen offline.
If you cancel your YouTube Music subscription, then you can keep using the service, but it shows ads, and you cannot download tracks.
You can cancel your YouTube Music subscription in the following manner:
- Click on the Profile Picture.
- Select Paid Membership.
- And tap on Manage.
- Hit on Cancel Membership.
- Click on Continue to cancel.
- Tap on the Reason for canceling, then click Next.
- Hit on Yes.
- And now hit on Cancel.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on Computer
You can also cancel your YouTube premium subscription in your web browser if you prefer. This can be done on the desktop through these steps:
- Navigate to YouTube on your browser.
- Click on your Profile icon.
- Select Purchase and Memberships.
- Tap on Manage membership.
- Select Deactivate option.
- Select the Reason why you are canceling your subscription.
- Click on the Next button.
- Hit on Yes then Cancel.
Can’t Cancel YouTube Premium
Most people are getting fed up and complaining that they can’t find a paid subscription cancel option, a YouTube subscription that offers ad-free video viewing with YouTube Music added at an affordable price.
If you’re unable to cancel your YouTube premium subscription, we’ll help you with the steps to do it quickly, Follow these steps to do it:
- Go to your YouTube Profile icon.
- Hit on the Paid Membership option.
- Hit the Continue button to cancel.
- Click on your Reason for canceling and tap Next
- Tap Yes and Cancel.
FAQs: How to Cancel YouTube Subscription
How do I remove my credit card from YouTube?
You can easily remove the credit card details from YouTube:
YouTube account → Billing and Payment → Select the credit card you want to remove → Remove button → Confirm remove → delete your card details.
Is YouTube TV hard to cancel?
No, it is not hard to cancel a YouTube TV subscription, follow these steps:
YouTube TV app → profile photo → Settings → Membership → Manage → Cancel membership → confirm cancellation.
How do you cancel YouTube subscriptions on your iPhone?
It’s very easy to cancel YouTube Subscription on iPhone:
Setting app → iPhone ID profile → YouTube premium → Cancel subscription → Done → save changes.
How do I cancel subscription?
If you want to cancel your YouTube subscription, follow these steps:
YouTube App → Profile Icon → Membership → Reason → Next → Yes and cancel
How do I cancel my free trial on YouTube?
Yes, we can cancel the free trial on YouTube with these easy steps:
YouTube profile picture → Setting → Subscription → Manage → YouTube Premium → Cancel trial.
YouTube Premium is a subscription service on the YouTube platform. It offers a variety of perks like freedom from ads and access to YouTube Music and YouTube Originals. However, if you don’t use these features, it’s best to cancel your subscription.
We hope we have answered all your questions about how to cancel your YouTube subscription. If you have any queries, please comment below.