YouTube one of the World’s largest video streaming services is well-known among millions of users across the world. If you’re a subscriber of YouTube premium you may also enjoy member benefits on YouTube, YouTube Music, and YouTube Kids. Let’s take you through a step-by-step guide to how to cancel youtube premium.
YouTube premium a paid membership program launched by YouTube lets you elevate your user experience of YouTube and its related apps. If due for some reason you want to cancel your premium subscription. It is very easy.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on iPhone
If you wish to cancel your YouTube Premium subscription using your iPhone. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Cancelling from iPhone Settings:
• Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap your name on the top.
• Click Subscriptions.
• Select YouTube.
• Tap Cancel Subscription and confirm.
Note: You can enjoy your premium subscription even after cancellation till the last billing cycle.
2. Cancelling from Google
• Visit YouTube paid membership on your iPhone and make sure you’re using the same Google account.
• Choose Premium.
• Select Deactivate.
• Tap on Continue to Cancel.
• At last tap Yes, Cancel to unsubscribe from YouTube premium.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on Android
Cancelling YouTube Premium on android is as easy as it is on iPhone.
Follow the steps below:
1. Open the YouTube app on your phone.
2. Tap on the profile picture in the top right corner and then on paid membership.
3. Select the membership you want to cancel.
4. Click Continue to Cancel.
5. Select a reason for cancelling and tap Next.
6. Finally click Yes, Cancel.
Note: You can cancel your subscription even if you have paused it.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium Free Trial 2022
You can even cancel a free trial for youtube premium.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to do it:
1. Go to youtube.com/paid_ membership on your browser.
2. Next, click on Purchases and Membership.
3. Navigate to the Membership section and select Manage Membership associated with your YouTube Premium free trial.
4. When the section expands, find the date when your free trial ends and click on Deactivate next to it.
5. When the pop-up appears click Continue to Cancel.
6. Choose a reason for the cancellation.
7. Click Yes, Cancel to confirm the cancellation.
8. Next window appears showing that youtube premium has been cancelled.
9. You’re done!
Can’t Cancel YouTube Premium
If you face trouble cancelling your YouTube Premium or a channel membership, don’t worry. Go through these steps to verify that you have cancelled your membership:
Steps to Follow if you have issues cancelling:
1. Restart your app or reload your Web browser again and try cancelling.
2. Go for another browser or try doing it on an incognito window.
3. Try logging in to another device and then try cancelling again.
Steps to verify successful cancellation:
1. Search for notifications in your mail.
2. Check the paid membership section in your account to find out if there’s any end date mentioned for your subscription.
Note: Even after being notified of the cancellation of your subscription you’ll still retain the access until the end of your billing cycle in case of paid membership. The access is denied as soon as you cancel your free trial. For checking the end date of your membership you can visit the link youtube.com/paid_memberships.
How to Cancel YouTube Music Premium
Cancelling a youtube music subscription can be also done in a few easy steps.
Here’s how you can do it:
1. Log in to your YouTube account and go to a paid membership.
2. Click on Manage Membership from the drop-down list on your music membership tab.
3. Tap Deactivate next to your billing date.
4. Click Continue to Cancel.
5. Click Yes, Cancel to confirm your cancellation.
6. You’re done!
FAQs: How to Cancel YouTube Premium
Why can’t I cancel my YouTube premium?
You just need to go to a paid membership, and from there you can easily manage the subscription by simply pausing or deleting it. But if you still are not able to cancel youtube premium restart or reload your app or browser or try doing it from another device.
Is YouTube Premium easy to cancel?
Yes, it is easy to cancel just by following a few easy steps.
How do I remove my credit card from YouTube?
To remove a credit card from YouTube login to your account, select settings, click history and privacy and then manage credit cards, you’ll see a list of all the associated credit cards, click on X next to the card you want to remove.
How do I turn off auto renewal for YouTube Premium?
Open the Google play store, tap the menu, click subscriptions, find the subscription you want to cancel, and tap cancel. For preventing it from auto-renewing.
Does YouTube Premium charge after free trial?
When your free trial ends it will automatically change to a premium subscription and charges will be deducted from your account.
Why did I get charged for YouTube Premium?
YouTube charges for a premium subscription because it’s a paid feature provided by YouTube. Premium subscribers get an elevated experience in using youtube.
Pro tip: Cancelling a YouTube premium subscription also cancels YouTube music. Canceling the family subscription plan will cancel the subscription for all family members. Paying charges through credit is cheaper than paying them through in-app purchases.
Now I think it’s clear how to cancel youtube premium. You can easily cancel, pause or resume your Subscription at any point during the paid membership. You can even switch to an annual plan or family plan.
Share your thoughts below.