If you don’t want to connect with any member on LinkedIn, you can block them easily. After blocking they can’t view your LinkedIn profile. In this article, you will learn “how to block someone on LinkedIn.”
By the end of this article, you will learn how to block the LinkedIn company page and profile, and unblock them.
Let’s get started.
How to block someone on LinkedIn without them knowing 2022
Follow the steps below to block someone on LinkedIn without them knowing:
- 1st open your LinkedIn app and log in to your account.
- Visit the profile you want to block.
- Click on three dots and scroll to see the block option.
- Next click on the Report or Block option.
- Now select Block (member name) and again click on the block tab.
Pro Tip: After you block a member on LinkedIn they will not get notified.
How to block someone on LinkedIn company page
You can’t block someone on the LinkedIn company page. LinkedIn provides the blocking feature for personal profiles only.
How to block someone on LinkedIn without visiting their profile
There is no way to block someone on LinkedIn without visiting their profile, but we have a solution for you.
Just follow the steps below:
- On your LinkedIn app click on the profile icon and next select the settings tab.
- Now click on the Visibility option.
- Here tap on the Profile viewing option and change it to Private mode.
After following these steps whenever you visit a profile on LinkedIn it will show your profile as anonymous. In this way, you can block someone easily with the previous steps.
How to tell if someone blocked you on LinkedIn
Go through these steps, to tell if someone blocked you on LinkedIn:
Method 1 – Profile Searching
- On your LinkedIn app, search for their profile.
- If you can’t see the name it means that person blocked you.
- You can search their profile on Google also if it still shows unavailable it means they have blocked you on LinkedIn. (In this step the profile must be in Public)
Method 2 – Checking through Your Connection List
- Open your LinkedIn app and click on the profile tab.
- Scroll down and click on My Network and then select manage my network.
- Here if you can’t see the profile on your connection list, it means they blocked you.
How to unblock people on LinkedIn
Go through these steps to unblock people on LinkedIn:
- Open your LinkedIn app and log in to your LinkedIn account. Then click on your profile.
- Next, click on the Settings tab and then tap on the Visibility option.
- Now scroll down and click on the Blocking tab. Here you can see the list of people you have blocked.
- Now click on the Unblock option beside the user’s profile.
What happens when you unblock someone on LinkedIn?
When you unblock someone on LinkedIn, they won’t get notified that you have unblocked them. But if you visit their profile they will get notified.
Again if you want to block the same person, you have to wait for at least 48 hours.
FAQs:- How to block someone on LinkedIn
1. How to block someone on LinkedIn without them knowing
To block someone on LinkedIn, 1st search their profile on LinkedIn. Next, click the More option and then tap on Report/Block. Now click on Block(member’s name). Again confirm the block option.
2. How to block a company on LinkedIn
You can’t block a company on LinkedIn, but you can unfollow the company or you can report the company ad.
3. Can you block someone on LinkedIn who is not a connection?
Yes, you can block someone on LinkedIn who is not in your connection.
4. When you block someone on LinkedIn are they notified?
No, the member will not get notified when you block them on LinkedIn.
5. What happens if you block someone on LinkedIn?
When you block someone on LinkedIn, you both can’t view each other’s content. You can’t see each other’s profiles. Even you both can not view each other’s activity.
6. How to block anonymous viewers on LinkedIn
You cannot block anonymous viewers on LinkedIn. For now, LinkedIn has not given this feature.
We hope you found all your answers on “how to block someone on LinkedIn.” If you have any other issues do let us know in the comment section below. We would love to help you.
How To Cancel LinkedIn Premium (Complete Guide)