If you have been using Instagram you must be aware of the highlight feature. Highlights are a great way to showcase your profile’s best sections. Instagram influencers suggest using highlights as a way to tell your followers about themselves.
They recommend having the following highlights if you have a business account on Instagram. These are: About us, services, products, contact, reviews/testimonials, interests, etc.
I am going to show you How to add highlights on Instagram profile so you can use it to your advantage and excel on Instagram.
Let’s see first!
How to Add Highlights on Instagram 2022
As suggested by the Instagram Help Centre, the recent guidelines of 2022 to add highlights are as follows:
- Go to your Instagram profile and click on the “+ new’ option as shown in the image.
- Now, select the stories you want to add to your highlight.
- Tap Next.
- Tap “edit cover” and select the picture from your camera roll or choose any of your stories as the cover.
- Add a name to your highlight and you are done!
This is how you add a new highlight to your profile.
Pro Tip: Keep the cover ready beforehand for your highlight. You can easily design one on Canva or even on Inshot.
How to Add Highlights on Instagram Android
Weather you use Android or Ios. Instagram says that the steps to add highlights on any device are similar. Here is how you do it on any smartphone:
- Log in to your Instagram account and head to your Profile.
- Select the “+new” option and choose the story you wish to add for this highlight.
- Now, click on Next. And Tap on “edit cover.”
- Select the picture for the highlight cover and give it a name of your choice.
This is how you add a new highlight section to your Instagram account. Now, we will talk about how you can add a story to an existing highlight.
How to Add Highlights on Instagram from Camera Roll
To do so, you must upload a story first. Let’s see how to do this:
- Go to your profile and tap the story icon to upload a new story.
- From your camera roll, select the image/video.
- Click on share to upload the story.
- Now, click on the highlight icon.
- Choose the highlight you want to add to this story too.
Your story will be added to the existing highlight. You can see it by going to your profile highlight section. Now just tap the highlight and your story added to it will appear one by one.
How to Put Highlights on Instagram Without Story
To add a highlight without a story is a little trickier but doable. Here how you can add highlights without putting up a story.
- First, make your account private by going to the Privacy section.
- Now, you have to block all your followers. You do this so nobody can see your story.
- Upload the story and add it to your highlight.
- Now, wait for 24 hours and unblock all your followers. They will only see your highlight and not the story.
- As the story disappears after a day they are uploaded.
I agree that’s a lot of work to do. But, if you are desperate to do so you can take the above steps.
How to Add Highlights on Instagram Business Account
Adding highlights to any business account on Instagram is similar to any private or public account.
However, the use of highlights is different in a business account. For a business account, you can use highlights to showcase your business. You can visually create your product identity. You can also showcase your brand through different stories in a highlight.
Here are a few ideas to add various highlights. Add a highlight as About Us, products, services, customer reviews, contact us and order us to talk about your business.
FAQ: How to Add Highlights on Instagram
How do you post highlights without a story?
You can’t add highlights without adding a story on Instagram. But, if you have to do it anyway you will have to take these steps.
Make your account private→ block all your followers→upload your stroy→add it to the highlight→wait for 24hrs→unblock all followers→your highlight will be added and none will know about your story.
Can you add highlights on Instagram from camera roll?
Yes, to do so first upload your image as a story. Then add it to your highlights.
You can add a highlight cover from your camera roll. Go to the highlight →click on edit cover →upload the cover from the camera roll.
Where is my highlight button on Instagram?
The highlight button is present just below your Instagram bio. Read this blog to see where it is and how to use it.
Why can’t I make highlights on Instagram?
To add highlights go to your profile→click on +new option→select stories →click on next→add cover→add name. Your highlight is created. Read this blog to see a step-by-step guide through images
How do I save a story to highlight?
To add a story to your highlight, upload the story first and share. Now go back to the story and click on the heart icon to add it to your highlights. Read more about Instagram highlights in this blog.
Instagram highlights are widely used by Igers to enhance their profile. Highlights are used to talk about yourself, your brand, your product, and other services. If you have a business account use this feature as suggested in this blog about how to add highlights on Instagram to your profile and get an edge over other competitors.
If you have any suggestions or queries about highlights or Instagram write them in the comments!
How To Hide Tagged Photos On Instagram? (Practical Method)